so, let's design the future CMS

grant sarver

Lots of threads talking about CMS, lets try to keep this one just on what we'd like to see in a CMS. What does CMS mean to you? What should it do? Just like WP or Joomla or something new? Evolutionary or revolutionary?

I'll start off with article creation by defined users (original, eh?). For us noobs, a drag & drop layout designer would sure be nice. Paste images, text, previews and widgets where ever you like. That would give the ability to create a portal page or news page or nearly anything you want.

I picture it like this: create a box, insert content and be able to re-size it or move it where ever you want. That's the kind of flexibility I could go for.

I think there should be like three different ones at least from the mod community. :)

I nice simple one for those that want just an article system, then on up to the heavier versions that others might want.

Lots of threads talking about CMS, lets try to keep this one just on what we'd like to see in a CMS. What does CMS mean to you? What should it do? Just like WP or Joomla or something new? Evolutionary or revolutionary?

I'll start off with article creation by defined users (original, eh?). For us noobs, a drag & drop layout designer would sure be nice. Paste images, text, previews and widgets where ever you like. That would give the ability to create a portal page or news page or nearly anything you want.

I picture it like this: create a box, insert content and be able to re-size it or move it where ever you want. That's the kind of flexibility I could go for.

Not being a designer/coder, something like you mentioned would be fantastic.

Top Bottom