1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so, let's design the future CMS

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by grant sarver, Sep 6, 2010.

1. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

Lots of threads talking about CMS, lets try to keep this one just on what we'd like to see in a CMS. What does CMS mean to you? What should it do? Just like WP or Joomla or something new? Evolutionary or revolutionary?

I'll start off with article creation by defined users (original, eh?). For us noobs, a drag & drop layout designer would sure be nice. Paste images, text, previews and widgets where ever you like. That would give the ability to create a portal page or news page or nearly anything you want.

I picture it like this: create a box, insert content and be able to re-size it or move it where ever you want. That's the kind of flexibility I could go for.

2. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I think there should be like three different ones at least from the mod community. :)

I nice simple one for those that want just an article system, then on up to the heavier versions that others might want.

3. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Pages are enough for me

Peggy and jonsidneyb like this.
  4. jonsidneyb

The pages might actually be enough for me as well. I really don't know or understand the capability of pages yet. :(

5. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot can be done with pages and I might use that to start. Kier has mentioned a possible CMS in the future so I thought a design thread would be worthwhile.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep me too. Altho if Brian codes a xFAdvanced, I'm sure I'll be using it.

Oh boy are you in for a surprise.

7. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

As long as you can stick plain standalone PHP (including embedding other software) in a page as well as PHP which uses XF's internals, then I'm happy.

8. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Not being a designer/coder, something like you mentioned would be fantastic.

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I think the one Brian will be designing will work for me, the Xenadvanced. I use his vb version right now and it integrates nicely.  

Liz 

10. jonsidneyb

Liz>

Do you have hire yourself out work on websites? Your site really has my attention on a couple of things. Your site is so nice it is scary.

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yes it does. His add-ons are always top-notch.

12. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Sending you a PC. Liz