So I guess Post Icons are officially dead?

Does anyone actually look at the post icon assigned to a thread? I think the only one that I ever notice is the poll icon.

UBB had post icons, so vB had post icons. Post icons are dead.

Does anyone actually look at the post icon assigned to a thread?
Yes. Before thread prefixes were the hot new rage (sarcasm there, mind you) I know of a number of sites that used thread icons to designate the topic matter. For example, on a Jeep site icons could be used to designate the Jeep model in question that the tread pertains to. On a sci-fi site a thread icon might be used for Star Trek versus Star Wars, etcetera.

Post icons are dead.
There is a very old saying about opinions & everybody having one...

Ok the icons aren`t important, but I don`t see why the avatar should be interesting for anyone. To much attention for the topic starter instead of the topic itself.

I like the avatar as no other forum solution does it. It's different and it allows you to easily identify who started the thread. I don't feel it takes away attention from the topic, itself.

I like the avatar as no other forum solution does it. It's different and it allows you to easily identify who started the thread. I don't feel it takes away attention from the topic, itself.

I can see my users raising a stink about it, especially on mobile devices. I'd rather see it as an option I can turn off.

Ok the icons aren`t important, but I don`t see why the avatar should be interesting for anyone. To much attention for the topic starter instead of the topic itself.
It looks very nice in my eyes but I frequently find myself thinking it's the person who made the thread active again, i.e. posted last.

Top Bottom