• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Title Ladder not updating I guess

Hi friends,

On my newly installed forum, I just renamed the Title Ladder for my users, Instead of New Member I renamed it to New Commer and Well-known Member changed to Expert User.
For now I setup posts limit 10, if a user is under 10 posts his title should show New Commer and if users makes more than 10 posts then his title should change to Expert user.
Then I made test new account on my site and it was showing fine the title was New Commer and then I made more than 10 test posts in forum but still it shows the title New Commer, it should change to Expert user right? Because I set the limit there after 10 posts title should be Expert User.

Any idea why is that? Do I need to do something else also ? I mean setting any permission or creating another User Groups or what?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Promotions are applied periodically based on a routine cron task.

It won't be updated immediately on reaching the threshold.

Promotions are applied periodically based on a routine cron task.

It won't be updated immediately on reaching the threshold.
Oh so there is cron job running behind this forum? But I did not setup any cron job for my forum since I installed. Because there was no instructions to setup cron job.
Do we need to setup manually cron job for forum or it's already automatically set when we install the forum?