So Google Adsense Just Disabled My Domain... No What?

Same here - after sending them constant emails they finally replied to me 3 months later. They claimed that I had fraudulently clicked the ads to gain money and that the IP address was British. So when sending the form to complain they state that they have recorded my IP address, so I asked them to compare the two addresses and they said it doesn't make a difference - I LIVE IN JAPAN! It's not like I pop over to the UK for a cuppa tea, click some ads and come straight back to Japan in a few hours. Basically it was a rival website pulling a prank and I lost quite a bit of money on it too.

Never got any ads from Google again, and I hear this happening to so many people now I just don't think it's worth doing. I've been on Amazon ads for a while and it works well but even they are now restricting some big item from getting points. A guy on my site bought a brand new Canon 5D MkIII using my links and they just never registered it. So basically I just get stuff based on books, CDs etc - you know the stuff where they don't have to pay you much!

If anyone knows a good adsense alternative I'm all ears but last time I tried a few all I got were stupid blank spaces or adverts for bloody handbags
tribalfusion is much good and also infolinks.

They do not give any reason. They just do it.
And -to make it even more complicated- you cannot reach them and they don't answer any emails.

We had to send a formal letter by our lawyer to get it resolved. They just reopened the account and even then gave no reason why it was blocked.

Strange system...
But there is hardly an alternative if you have just a small web site.

We had it happen on a forum we ran a few years ago.

We ended up moving to a combination of both BuySellAds.com and Amazon Associate - we doubled our monthly revenue.

They do not give any reason. They just do it.
And -to make it even more complicated- you cannot reach them and they don't answer any emails.

We had to send a formal letter by our lawyer to get it resolved. They just reopened the account and even then gave no reason why it was blocked.

Strange system...
But there is hardly an alternative if you have just a small web site.
From what I've read, it seems as though they randomly automatically do this if you have a poor CTR, or are in a niche that they have very little market for (Thus they are paying you more than they earn).

Similar thing happened to us last week. We have our old VB site archived/unused at vb.ourdomain.co.uk and while I was away last week it got hit by spam (I've no idea how, a new VB exploit or drummer update?). They gave me three days to fix it but as I was away I was too late so they disabled ad serving to our whole domain.

I've removed the subdomain and appealed but if they don't unblock it I'm not sure what we can do as we rely very heavily on the Adsense income. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to review an appeal?

(Our Adsense account is still active, just our domain is blocked).

From what I've read, it seems as though they randomly automatically do this if you have a poor CTR, or are in a niche that they have very little market for (Thus they are paying you more than they earn).

Sounds reasonable. They are an ad agency and if something is not working for them or their advertisers, they are going to axe it.

I never real all those terms of service, but I'd wager it says they are in charge - as they well should be.

I have 70% of my inventory sold directly to sponsors, but the adsense is sure nice for filling in the gaps! In that sense it's free money! Of course, no such thing existed in 1996 when I started selling sponsorships, but I remember how much I appreciated it when the first ad networks appeared.

Maybe a few of you can report back if you try Bing. The numbers, in terms of audience, look good so the network should certainly work.

You can contact them through email and ask for an explanation, and be completely honest with them about what happened. It's possible their system has detected fraudulent clicks, the clicks don't have to come from you it can be anyone. That's the one weak spot in AdSense, if a competitor wants you destroyed they hire someone to click on your ads or do it themselves. We experienced this when our AdSense income was still low as our domain got banned for a few years. Now that we have much higher income and mostly legitimate clicks Google is much more careful with our site. It looks like they're just subtracting the income we get from the fake clicks at the end of the month now.

I'm pretty sure they handle sites differently based on income, domain and topic. Of course they will never tell anyone that so we can only guess.

Happened to me on my old site as well, but as luck would have it, they sent the check, I cashed it, then they closed my account

Same reason as others have mentioned, click fraud

It's rubbish, especially when there's no avenue to appeal/petition, it's basically abusing their market dominance, surely there's a law against that? heh

Anyone who hates your site just has to mess with your ads and your account will be closed, possibly choking you of an important income(if you highly depended on it).

I really enjoy all google services and their products except their ad department.

Someone should create an auto clicker headless browser* (must be able simulate random user actions, time, multiple page browsing before clicking ads etc.) and open source it. /blackhat
Botters could lead hundreds of websites to be blocked from аdsense, forcing gοоgle to be more communicative and supportive (they've got the ca$h, why automatic emails?).

BuySellAds is a good alternative if your site is busy.

*For those who don't know what a headless browser is, click here. It is the reason why google tries to optimize their chrome v8 engine all the time.

Top Bottom