So Google Adsense Just Disabled My Domain... No What?

Just out of curiosity, what revenue range are the domains of those who've posted that they've been banned? Are we talking $1-$99 a month, $100-$300 a month, $301-$800 a month or greater than $1000 a month?

I've been with Adsense for nearly 6 years and have never had a problem.

I wasnt making anything on lifestreetmedia, went to the suggested madadsmedia.com from this thread and its ok, certainly wont pay any bills.

3-4.5k impressions per day

When I have some time I'm gonna study this thread and throw up a bunch of annoying ads for guests. Can you use info links with adsense at the same time? Which ads can you use with adsense at the same time?

When I have some time I'm gonna study this thread and throw up a bunch of annoying ads for guests.
Do that. That's the best way to chase away people from ever registering at your site.

Seriously, you guys are wrong in thinking you can force people to register by promising them no ads or annoying notifications. The best way to convince people to register is by letting your content and social activity speak for themselves.

Do that. That's the best way to chase away people from ever registering at your site.

Seriously, you guys are wrong in thinking you can force people to register by promising them no ads or annoying notifications. The best way to convince people to register is by letting your content and social activity speak for themselves.
Chillax wombat. My site's already designed to annoy noobs and guests without the ads. I don't care about chasing away people. I'm more concerned with keeping out certain people like spammers, fakes, trolls, aliases and stalkers.

http://intergi.com/terms-conditions

Could you show me where that is. I have been looking at this as an option, just curious how all this went down.
MP1st is currently a intergi customer, and they're doing ads with them right now. So, my first concern right now is the site being sold to intergi in the future, should MP1st be in the "black" as in, bad shape.

It doesn't say on the rules that the site can be acquired, but the company, if the company likes what the website does... Kombo was a very high trafficked video game website enough for Intergi, the parent company of GameZone, to acquire Kombo. [source] My friend and I know the guy that owned Kombo, and we both also know the EIC noted in that source. Small #@^&ing world. Just... take my word for it, okay?

I just hate talking about Kombo, or the guy that ran it.

Just... take my word for it, okay?

I cannot just "take someone's word for it". If it isn't listed anywhere in the Terms, how can they possibly take over your site. They can aquire it with a purchase, but there is no way they can just take it for any reason. If that was the case, no one on the internet would use that company.

I see I am going to have to do some digging on this. This claim is odd, and I am looking for some different avenues to take my site.

I cannot just "take someone's word for it". If it isn't listed anywhere in the Terms, how can they possibly take over your site. They can aquire it with a purchase, but there is no way they can just take it for any reason. If that was the case, no one on the internet would use that company.
You've seen nothing.

Another one of my friends was hit with a lawsuit claiming that the company [friend's compnay] signed a contract, and took down the ads the next day or so... (Possibly because they didn't like the pay.)

Just a few months ago, that same person sold that same exact website that the contract was stipulated. In fact, I almost bought it. I told him to wait, but they offered him a better price, and at rapid pace. Only, in this case, it was done by a different company than the "parent company of ad network."

My point is, not very well known ad networks have sleazy tactics up their sleeves.

The video game industry is a very competitive space, so there's a lot of risk for video game website owners.

However, film industry faces the same risk as gamers themselves.

We had an issue where our domain was blocked by adsense. For some reason we did not get a notifcation via email or the admin. Luckily we were large enough that my email to support reached a human and we worked it out...

Basically the algo's they use found a thread in our off-topic section that has the word 'jail bate' (sic) mixed in with the Title. Of course it was a parody thread with grown ups talking about not putting up with boys messing with their girls, the thread was basically clean of anything dirty, just a stupid title. Now I KNOW that the title probably was not the best on earth to have and possibly if I had seen it would have edited it, but the computer banned the domain and we had to remove the thread and then get approval back.

SOLUTION: We decided (and Google suggested) that our OFF TOPIC section with varying discussions would not run Adsense. The risk/reward of ads where people 'chat' all day and are regular members was not worth it, and also no real revenue there anyway, board regulars are not going to click.

So if any of you have a good topical/niche content forum, and an offshoot off topic area, look at removing the adsense there so you don't get banned for innapproriate language or pictures from members BS'ing all day.

Mike

Good tip about no Adsense in OffTopic forums. It's makes so much sense ... I'm surprised this is the first time I've heard it.

Basically the algo's they use found a thread in our off-topic section that has the word 'jail bate' (sic) mixed in with the Title. Of course it was a parody thread with grown ups talking about not putting up with boys messing with their girls, the thread was basically clean of anything dirty, just a stupid title.

How sure are you that you were banned for one "borderline" thread and title ?
Did you also have an increase in Google Ads money ?

How sure are you that you were banned for one "borderline" thread and title ?
Did you also have an increase in Google Ads money ?

Revenue was consistent, there was no change up until that happened or after. Once we finally got in touch with Adsense, that one thread is what flagged and blocked our domain. There was an email with that thread that was supposed to reach me directly and in the adsense admin area but did not happen. We had no adsense running for a week.

One thread killed adsense
Shocking really.
It's definitely unfair. A "squeaky clean" forum like yours with an established reputation gets blocked for one thread ?
I guess when you are a monopoly you can do what you want.
(side note: love your site BTW, excellent job).

I take it the thread is gone.
Did ya save it ?
Might be educational to see "what gets you banned"

Shocking really.
It's definitely unfair. A "squeaky clean" forum like yours with an established reputation gets blocked for on thread ?
I guess when you are a monopoly you can do what you want.
(side note: love your site BTW, excellent job).

Thanks for the kudos! Ive had Adsense since the beginning, somewhere around 2003 (started the site in 1998) and to have it blocked over one thread, any human would have seen the thread and could have understood, or contacted to have removed etc. Damn algos! ;)

Top Bottom