So Easy to Install

Robert

Of all the systems I've had to install, from wordpress, vbulletin, drupal, and other, with out putting them down. This is by far the easiest install yet. I love how the system builds your config file, then you just upload it and tada!

Backend so far looks great, would be cool if you can import/export the style for the admin area, for those of us that are graphically inclined to made admin area themes. If there is something to do that please send me in right direction. Overall really impressed to so far.

I'm glad to hear that because I've never installed this kind of software myself before, and I'm a little nervous about trying it this time. Which is why I haven't done it yet.

Install is a breeze, just setup your db in plesk or cpanel, make note of it, figure out what you want as your community / forum folder, ftp files. Goto domain.com/community/install, chmod 2 files, make sure safe mod off, and run the installer. Save config upload that, and happy days! No Science Manual Needed.

Install is a breeze, just setup your db in plesk or cpanel, make note of it, figure out what you want as your community / forum folder, ftp files. Goto domain.com/community/install, chmod 2 files, make sure safe mod off, and run the installer. Save config upload that, and happy days! No Science Manual Needed.

Okay, I have crossed out all the words that don't mean anything to me - get the picture now? :D I might just go ahead and ask my webhost to do it, if I don't work up the nerve by the end of the day.

But I'm 'liking' your post because it was good of you to attempt to explain it to me. :)

Okay, I have crossed out all the words that don't mean anything to me - get the picture now? :D I might just go ahead and ask my webhost to do it, if I don't work up the nerve by the end of the day.

But I'm 'liking' your post because it was good of you to attempt to explain it to me. :)

I'd make screen shots for the crossed out stuff but the install is so intuitive that it almost installs it's self for you, and tells you what your missing ;)

I'd make screen shots for the crossed out stuff but the install is so intuitive that it almost installs it's self for you, and tells you what your missing ;)

This is the kind of community we've got here - someone kindly offered to install it for me if I couldn't manage it and here you are still trying to help me when clearly I ought to just jump in and try it myself before I decide whether or not I can do it. :)

I will either give it a shot myself or ask my webhost to do it - he's a great guy, it's never a problem asking for help, which is part of the reason why I'm so deficient in this area. :D

Must you edit the config file before uploading or will it auto-populate on installation? I was under the understanding that you didn't have to edit anything ahead of time.

But then again I'm still waiting for MySQLi to be loaded...

Must you edit the config file before uploading or will it auto-populate on installation? I was under the understanding that you didn't have to edit anything ahead of time.

But then again I'm still waiting for MySQLi to be loaded...

you don't edit anything, just fill in info for database info, it creates your config, which you save and upload. Really str8 forward. Anyone from community here can help if you get stuck, but I think you'd have more fun doing it your self, or trying.

you don't edit anything, just fill in info for database info, it creates your config, which you save and upload. Really str8 forward. Anyone from community here can help if you get stuck, but I think you'd have more fun doing it your self, or trying.
Actually that can go one of two ways. One time it filled in everything for me, and just kept going, I did not have to save the file and upload it. The third time, I did have to save the config file and upload it. Either way, it does populate the config file for you.

Top Bottom