XF 2.1 Correct order to install/configure/addon and themes.

RallyFan

Hi there,

Noob McNoobpants here.

I'm just about to crack off installing Xenforo on my first forum ever, and I was wondering if there is a recommended way to address addons and themes. Have administered XF forums for over a decade, but never installed/setup one.

Is it better to:
a) Install base Xenforo, install themes, install all addons, then start configuration ; OR
b) Install base Xenforo, configure, install themes, configure, install each addon and configure ; OR
c) Something else?

Gut feeling was to forge ahead with option "A", given that if I install all the addons, etc BEFORE I create any user groups, it should be far easier to manage from a permissions perspective.

Is that a smart way of approaching things, or is there a definite beest practices way to do things?

Thank you :) excited

FWIW I'll usnig a combination of a PixelExit Theme, with Xon and Siropu addons.

It technically doesn't really matter. If you know all add-ons that you're going to use, I would suggest installing everything first and then configure it. That saves you the trouble of having to come back to some setup decisions cause they may have changed in the light of what add-on X offers.

Thanks Lukas W.

That was currently my line of thinking as well, and also saves potentially missing an option (or even worse opening up a permission I don't want).

Cheers!

does anyone here knows how to edit the theme and change certain images and stuff that one doesn't like , this is what i am talking about, also how can i add an image to each forum topic?

Attachments

• this as well.webp
    this as well.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom