• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Smilies Under type box.

I am so excited by this, really can't wait to have hundreds and hundreds of smilies again :D

Thanks to everyone involved for all your brilliant work so far :D

If no one has raised this one yet, an xml import of smilies would be cool ... they just aren't getting the love they deserve currently .... that Kier bloke is way to busy squashing cupcakes :(

If no one has raised this one yet, an xml import of smilies would be cool ... they just aren't getting the love they deserve currently .... that Kier bloke is way to busy squashing cupcakes :(
Alas it has been all too long since my last cupcake squishing episode.

TinyMCE has it's built-in smilies pop-up. Try it out here: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/full.php

I really don't think this is how this project is going to go with the popup thing. popups for me are useless for smilies, it might work on other areas of a product but smilies and popups is an extra click you shouldn't have to undertake. Perhaps xenforo might introduce that into the upcoming releases but to my understanding i don't think Inph will be looking at the 'popup" as a solution. I could be wrong though.

I really don't think this is how this project is going to go with the popup thing. popups for me are useless for smilies, it might work on other areas of a product but smilies and popups is an extra click you shouldn't have to undertake. Perhaps xenforo might introduce that into the upcoming releases but to my understanding i don't think Inph will be looking at the 'popup" as a solution. I could be wrong though.
At this moment to paste a smile on a xenforo board you should do 2 clicks, so it is nearly the same.

The only difference between a pop up and some javascript slider is cosmetics, it's still all going to take two clicks. I'd say the editor will be overhauled eventually anyway before final release and solve this for us. I really cant see xenforo leaving the editior as is with one drop down, yet giving us the ability to add tons of smilies via admin.

The only difference between a pop up and some javascript slider is cosmetics, it's still all going to take two clicks. I'd say the editor will be overhauled eventually anyway before final release and solve this for us. I really cant see xenforo leaving the editor as is with one drop down, yet giving us the ability to add tons of smilies via admin.

It's more than cosmetics as you put it.

You try using 5 smilies in a post and your making 10 clicks right off the bat. with the underneath the smilies box you open 1 click x 5 smilies used = 6 clicks, factor in pending you have tons of smilies you have to spend time in locating the smilies from the current dropdown menu were underneath the text area they are all on view utilizing the horizontal space rather than using up valuable vertical space. To me this is not based on cosmetics but being practical.

I'm not here to debate the rights and wrong with your statement but your assumption in saying that the same amount of clicks used in this script is wrong. Correct if you use 1 smiley and even then they're are plans on saving the state of the box (open or closed) thus it'll be 1 click using one smiley for those that want the box opened on default.

Posting the navigation mockup to explain it better within the screenshot. And keeping it for reference amongst other mockups that I'll put forward later.
Can't get much better than that I think, I like the horizontal navigation :)

Seeing this kind of interaction between multiple coders and designers working with XenForo puts a very big smile on my face :)
Indeed, there's a lot of goodwill inside the forum software community, as long as a company stays honest and customer friendly.

wow! Check this out!
i guess my edits are wrong? Do I need to revert? lol..I know, your not laughing at me, your laughing with me.

Attachments

• help 3.webp
    help 3.webp
    226.2 KB · Views: 27
i was fooled by the instructions...LOL
I added the code not only once, but twice and the example too..
I don't think the example is necessary. Once I read the text file readme I realized what I did wrong.
Trying again. Ill post back with better results this time. :)

ok that worked.. but is it just me or is my board real slow all of a sudden? Now I have a performance Issue I did not have...
humm..

Attachments

• help 4.webp
    help 4.webp
    93.3 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom