1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Smilies Under type box.

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by Shelley, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a "smilies under type box" add-on created by one of you talented coders. I created a thread that should give you some kind of idea what I feel would look and work best. It's both visually pleasing and practical at the same time and for those of us who use a lot of smilies (which is most of us) this add-on could be a life saver.

Anyone that is genuinely interested and can build up this add-on I'm sure would have the eternal gratitude of the community and myself. ;)

Attached Files:

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I like this as an option as well :)

3. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Third this. I have a lot of smilies.

4. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

5. Shelley

Nope, this is not what I'm requesting. A popup box for me is redundant. I've provided links to show what I'm requesting in the first post in this thread. :)

D37 likes this.
  6. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I didn't know the tinymc thingy had a popup - that's good (until someone does the mod). I've got a boatload of them too, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that take away the Smileys at your own peril.

7. Shelley

Added screenshots via the attachment system to the first post for someone that may be interested in doing this requested add-on which is very much needed by the community. :)

Peggy and D37 like this.
  8. Diablotic

Diablotic Active Member

I am also in need of that sort of add-on.

9. Shelley

I think most of the community is in dire need of this. Let's hope some nice kind hearted coder will pick this one up soon. :p

10. DaKat

DaKat Well-Known Member

I'm not giving up my smilies but I've only added a few on my test board because the container just scrolls on forever. I could use something like this!

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

We added a bunch of smilies to defendxenforo.

omg............... [​IMG]

12. beduino

beduino Active Member

+1 request move smillies

13. Shelley

Anybody who can do this request as described in the first post I'll design a unique custom smiley pack for them. It's not much, but atleast it's something and you know that you will have a smiley pack unique to your site, forum and/or platform.

This request is still pending for those who are curious.

Dodgeboard and beduino like this.
  14. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I may give it a shot later. :) Probably the first mock up, but may eventually build it into the second.

ArnyVee and Peggy like this.
  15. Shelley

The second option is mainly and was mainly for those who didn't want to view all their smilies and had a way of hiding them with the pull down down. Although this would be a nice feature it's not vital but would be nice. Anything close to the way I explained the feature/layout would be great even if you may try to code it up.

Thanks anyway for even taking a look KK.

16. Jeremy

I may have to figure out how to edit the editor, without requiring an event listener for EVERY time an editor is called!

17. Shelley

Maybe kier can pop in here and give some tips and shed some light. I understand that tinymce is a pain in the arse to work with.

18. Jeremy

I already have a thread requesting thoughts on how to add buttons to the editor, but I'll release BB Code Manager v1.1 without that...

19. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

Yeah, the long list of emoticons is infuriating.

20. Jeremy

Just a note that I may have figured out how to edit the editor via a template edit and some hacking on my part... It may not be efficient and all but i may be able to add a global variable that then gets referenced via a template I add and then via the editor template via <xen:include>.

Shelley likes this.