• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Smilies Under type box.

Shelley

I'd love to see a "smilies under type box" add-on created by one of you talented coders. I created a thread that should give you some kind of idea what I feel would look and work best. It's both visually pleasing and practical at the same time and for those of us who use a lot of smilies (which is most of us) this add-on could be a life saver.

Anyone that is genuinely interested and can build up this add-on I'm sure would have the eternal gratitude of the community and myself. ;)

Attachments

• smilies-under-post.webp
    smilies-under-post.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 187
  • smilies-more-options.webp
    smilies-more-options.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 138
I didn't know the tinymc thingy had a popup - that's good (until someone does the mod). I've got a boatload of them too, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that take away the Smileys at your own peril.

Added screenshots via the attachment system to the first post for someone that may be interested in doing this requested add-on which is very much needed by the community. :)

I'm not giving up my smilies but I've only added a few on my test board because the container just scrolls on forever. I could use something like this!

We added a bunch of smilies to defendxenforo.

omg...............
fainting.gif

+1 request move smillies
I'd love to see a "smilies under type box" add-on created by one of you talented coders. I created a thread that should give you some kind of idea what I feel would look and work best. It's both visually pleasing and practical at the same time and for those of us who use a lot of smilies (which is most of us) this add-on could be a life saver.

Anyone that is genuinely interested and can build up this add-on I'm sure would have the eternal gratitude of the community and myself. ;)

Anybody who can do this request as described in the first post I'll design a unique custom smiley pack for them. It's not much, but atleast it's something and you know that you will have a smiley pack unique to your site, forum and/or platform.

This request is still pending for those who are curious.

I may give it a shot later. :) Probably the first mock up, but may eventually build it into the second.

The second option is mainly and was mainly for those who didn't want to view all their smilies and had a way of hiding them with the pull down down. Although this would be a nice feature it's not vital but would be nice. Anything close to the way I explained the feature/layout would be great even if you may try to code it up.

Thanks anyway for even taking a look KK.

I may have to figure out how to edit the editor, without requiring an event listener for EVERY time an editor is called!

I may have to figure out how to edit the editor, without requiring an event listener for EVERY time an editor is called!

Maybe kier can pop in here and give some tips and shed some light. I understand that tinymce is a pain in the arse to work with.

I already have a thread requesting thoughts on how to add buttons to the editor, but I'll release BB Code Manager v1.1 without that...

Just a note that I may have figured out how to edit the editor via a template edit and some hacking on my part... It may not be efficient and all but i may be able to add a global variable that then gets referenced via a template I add and then via the editor template via <xen:include>.

Top Bottom