XF 1.1 Smilies as CSS Sprites

With XenForo 1.1, it's now possible to (optionally) define individual smilies from a sprite image. This video shows you just how easy it is to use the system.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

each Smilie has a certain "test", like this:

Code:
:barefoot:
:barefeet:
:coffee:

is it possible to re-name this text into "german"-language ?

like I would translate:

Code:

:kaffee:

would the already existing smilies still work ?
would the smilies work if I translate this code into "german language" ?

Appreciate your help!

each Smilie has a certain "test", like this:

Code:
:barefoot:
:barefeet:

is it possible to re-name this text into "german"-language ?

like I would translate:

Code:

would the already existing smilies still work ?
would the smilies work if I translate this code into "german language" ?

Appreciate your help!

Are you on about text replacements in the smiley manager? if so, I see no reason why you can't rename your text replacements to another language. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what your trying to do.

If you haven't opened your forums yet and no one has used the smiley codes then yes, rename them.

However, you can have multiple "codes" for the same smiley so instead you could simply add the German code above the English one (to make it the default for that smiley) whilst still allowing the existing English ones to work because of the English code underneath. (y)

So when you edit the cup of coffee smiley, you simply make the codes:

Code:

... and when someone inserts the coffee smiley your board will use :kaffee: as the new code, but still allow the old ones to work too.

Win win :D

If you haven't opened your forums yet and no one has used the smiley codes then yes, rename them.

However, you can have multiple "codes" for the same smiley so instead you could simply add the German code above the English one (to make it the default for that smiley) whilst still allowing the existing English ones to work because of the English code underneath. (y)

Code:

... and when someone inserts the coffee smiley your board will use :kaffee: as the new code, but still allow the old ones to work too.

great suggestion ! thanx a lot! :)

Code:

Yeah I was going to suggest that but just wasn't sure if he was referring to the smiley text replacements. Good post shaun and helpful to others who want to do the same thing. (y)

I created a sprite sheet for star ratings in order to use with the smilie system.

Unfortunately, the rating itself does not show but the rest of the faded out stars do. How come?

For example:

starsdontfullyshow.webp

I have downloaded @Shelley extended smiles pack - and i also noticed some default smiles are not available unless inputed. Please tell me there is a easier way to add the sprite smiles without mulling through the +/ - sprite position choices and adding one by one? does anyone have the exact positions of all smiles - default and the extended pack? or am I missing something for ease of install?

Thanks,

I have downloaded @Shelley extended smiles pack - and i also noticed some default smiles are not available unless inputed. Please tell me there is a easier way to add the sprite smiles without mulling through the +/ - sprite position choices and adding one by one? does anyone have the exact positions of all smiles - default and the extended pack? or am I missing something for ease of install?

Thanks,

I'll save you the trip. offhand I don't know the coordinates. I'd suggest posting in suggestions area for easier uploading capabilities.

Top Bottom