Implemented Smilie (Smiley) Categories or Sort Weighting

ArnyVee

I'd like to add different smilies to the site (have about 200), but I want to wait until there is that "the dropdown list extends for like a mile" issue is resolved.

In the meantime, I've added a couple of extra ones and I'd like to sort them out away from the default smileys. Can we either have categories for the smilies or have a weighing added to the smilies to display certain ones first or in a particular order?

Upvote 107
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd like to add different smilies to the site (have about 200), but I want to wait until there is that "the dropdown list extends for like a mile" issue is resolved.

In the meantime, I've added a couple of extra ones and I'd like to sort them out away from the default smileys. Can we either have categories for the smilies or have a weighing added to the smilies to display certain ones first or in a particular order?

THANK YOU! I have been asking to be able to sort smilies into categories, and order them

Yeah but those suggestions are different.

This needs to be in the core product, imo. I've talked to Kier about it, and am HOPING he and Mike understand how serious we smiley addicts take our smilies!
In vB you could bulk upload your smilies, move them into categories (happy/sad, flirting/love, occupations, etc), then put them in the order that you want them to appear in that category (first, second, third, etc).

I understand that it's rather complex, but NEEDED! I'm going crrrrrrrrrazy here without my smilies. :(

I understand Peggy :)

I've got more than 200 smilies waiting for a home. I'm hoping for a way to do a bulk upload and then a way to have them sorted out and organized :D

I understand Peggy :)

I've got more than 200 smilies waiting for a home. I'm hoping for a way to do a bulk upload and then a way to have them sorted out and organized :D
Get everyone you know to LIKE the first post. That's how the devs know what's popular and wanted. Go LIKE it!

I've mentioned displaying sorting (weighting) to the devs but I can say this is a feature I'd like to see as well as separating them into catergory's.

In my experience and this goes for all board software cores with regards to smilies is that I've never come across a good smiley manager built into the core this doesn't just extent to the features requested in this thread I refer to the backend and front part of the smiley manager so I for one would like to see the developers focus more with the smiley manager and give us something special, something with that mike and kier touch (they know where my posts throughout the board are with suggestions so it's something i would like to see being developed further and focused upon at some point. :)

Has anyone found a way to avoid that HUGE list of smilies in the dropdown yet? It doesn't look very professsional and I'd like to make sure that it's user friendly before we get TeeVeeTown.com out of beta stages :)

I've mentioned displaying sorting (weighting) to the devs but I can say this is a feature I'd like to see as well as separating them into catergory's.

In my experience and this goes for all board software cores with regards to smilies is that I've never come across a good smiley manager built into the core this doesn't just extent to the features requested in this thread I refer to the backend and front part of the smiley manager so I for one would like to see the developers focus more with the smiley manager and give us something special, something with that mike and kier touch (they know where my posts throughout the board are with suggestions so it's something i would like to see being developed further and focused upon at some point. :)
I very much agree.

Thanks for the "likes"! :)

We're almost into double-digit "likes" on this suggestion. Mention it to others so that we can give our smilies some love! :D

Completely agree that this is essential for the core product and hopefully there is time to add categorization & ordering in version 1.

I also have about 200 smilies and members really appreciate the fact that they are classified by category.

Has anyone found a way to avoid that HUGE list of smilies in the dropdown yet? It doesn't look very professsional and I'd like to make sure that it's user friendly before we get TeeVeeTown.com out of beta stages :)
Nope no solution yet. And I hate the way the wider smilies display on that list as well. They overlap the title of the smiley.
UGH

Smilies are a HUGE part of the Forum experience, I am surprised the guys haven't given them more loving already, hopefully they will down the line :)

Nope no solution yet. And I hate the way the wider smilies display on that list as well. They overlap the title of the smiley.
UGH

Don't worry Peggy, I'm sure that Kier and/or Mike will address the "Smiley Situation" with xF :)

There are SO many communities that need these little graphical touches to bring their threads, posts and site to life that it is just a matter of time before we find some fixes. :D

Don't worry Peggy, I'm sure that Kier and/or Mike will address the "Smiley Situation" with xF :)

There are SO many communities that need these little graphical touches to bring their threads, posts and site to life that it is just a matter of time before we find some fixes. :D
Yip I have faith in them. :)

Yeah but those suggestions are different.

This needs to be in the core product, imo. I've talked to Kier about it, and am HOPING he and Mike understand how serious we smiley addicts take our smilies!
In vB you could bulk upload your smilies, move them into categories (happy/sad, flirting/love, occupations, etc), then put them in the order that you want them to appear in that category (first, second, third, etc).

I understand that it's rather complex, but NEEDED! I'm going crrrrrrrrrazy here without my smilies. :(

I'm shivering terribly. The layout, sorting and displaying of smilies is something I personally would like to see implemented by the gold release. Being a smiley resource and with my site using hundreds of smilies it's quite vital that a solution is implemented. I know there's other priorities that outweigh this one so I'm patient. Kind of. :)

I'm quite surprised an add-on hasn't been created or posted. I'm wondering if it's worth a few people chipping in and hiring a coder to create an advance smiley manager. Just a thought for you smiley lovers. This way, we have a temporary solution.

Top Bottom