Smiley Manager

Smiley Manager 2.2.0

No permission to download
Now I get this when I try to run it.

#1091 - Can't DROP 'smilie_category_id'; check that column/key exists

That field in xf_smilie doesn't have any key, try this one

ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
CHANGE smilie_category_id smilie_category_id_old INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
ADD smilie_category_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
ADD display_order INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
ADD display_in_editor TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
ADD INDEX display_order (display_order)

If you get this error
screenshot_14-png.65970

when upgrade to XF1.3 please run this query

and continue upgrade.
After upgrade has been successful, please upgrade new version in this post or uninstall my addon with the following instructions:
  • Open library/Milano/SmileyManager/Install find
PHP:
$data['xf_smilie'] = array(
            'smilie_category_id' => 'INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT 0',
            'smilie_display_order' => 'INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT 0'
        );
  • Remove or comment this line
PHP:
'smilie_category_id' => 'INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT 0',
  • Go to ACP and uninstall it
  • If you don't follow these instructions and uninstall it immediately it will remove field smilie_category_id from xf_smile, so you have to add that field to xf_smilie again with this query
So if I've uninstalled the add-on before upgrading to 1.3, I need to run:
ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
DROP smilie_category_id,

AND

ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
ADD smilie_category_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
?

Or I guess it should be reversed, run the second query first, the the first one (if needed).

So if I've uninstalled the add-on before upgrading to 1.3, I need to run:
ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
DROP smilie_category_id,

AND

ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
ADD smilie_category_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
?

Or I guess it should be reversed, run the second query first, the the first one (if needed).
If you uninstalled the add-on before upgrading to 1.3, you don't have to run any query

even turning it off? wont help?

i do like having all my settings and the way my smiles are categories does this mean i gota do them all over again?
Turning it "off" won't help because there is a DB conflict between it and XenForo 1.3. That is the reason you have to uninstall it - to resolve the DB conflict that will break the upgrade. You may be able to export the specific tables for the categories and stuff before removing it and then install the new version and then import those tables.

You should uninstall the old version before upgrading your board.
Would it be possible for you to make a backup of the previous configuration: I had a lot of smilies on vB 3.x, that I have converted with an other smiley manager addon, then reconverted to your addon. So if I must do it again, that will be quite a pain ;)

Smiley Manager 1.1.2b
This version will create a backup when uninstalling that later uses for import by version 2.0.1. Just upload and overwrite all files from the upload/library folder. No need to import the XML file.

Attachments

Last edited:
No, 1.1.2b works only with xf 1.2.x, the whole point of 1.1.2b is create a smiley backup before your board moving to xf 1.3.x

Understood, I guess I'm asking because I followed the instructions about the database conflict, edited the file to retain the smiley settings and upgraded. However, the smiley category (which contains of a sprite image) isn't showing up. The smileys from the sprite image are though.

Smiley Manager 1.1.2b
This version will create a backup when uninstalling that later uses for import by version 2.0.1. Just upload and overwrite all files from the upload/library folder. No need to import the XML file.
Thank you a lot ! (May be you should add this entry to your addon's FAQ - how to update from XenForo 1.2 to 1.3).

How do I do this as I didnt uninstall the smiley manager before upgrading and am now getting the error others are reporting. Apologies guys I really am a beginner. :)

RUN QUERY

ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
DROP smilie_category_id,

How do I do this as I didnt uninstall the smiley manager before upgrading and am now getting the error others are reporting. Apologies guys I really am a beginner. :)

RUN QUERY

ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
DROP smilie_category_id,

do you have access to ssh or phpMyAdmin?

this with phpMyAdmin:

7uWqY.png

you just open phpmyadmin

then click on the username of the account you are under

click on the database name of your xenforo installation if you do not know it, it should be in your config.php file within library folder

once you are within your data base press the Query Tab and then just paste it in as i have in the above image then Submit Query

but i would highly recommend you back up your data base 1st or export it to your computer!

Top Bottom