XF 1.4 SMF 2.0.4 to XenForo 1.4.5 - Problems

I have a clean install of XenForo with a clean database. After successfully importing my old SMF 2.0.4 database using the SMF 2.0 Beta importer, there is very little to no visible change:
  • Only categories were imported, and they are all empty; not one forum or thread that they should be holding is there.
  • The member count is still at 1 (the admin account), despite there being hundreds of imported users when viewing them using 'List All Users' in the Admin CP.
Server Error Logs also displayed a large number of 'Undefined index: charset' errors that were originating from the 'library/XenForo/Importer/SMF.php' file.

Has anybody else had any luck with the SMF importer? I could really use some guidance.
Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Last edited:
Please post the full error message from the error log.

As for the missing data... did you finish running all import steps? The last step rebuilds several caches which can be responsible for data actually appearing on the forum. You can manually rebuild the various caches here:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches

Please post the full error message from the error log.

As for the missing data... did you finish running all import steps? The last step rebuilds several caches which can be responsible for data actually appearing on the forum. You can manually rebuild the various caches here:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches

Code:
Undefined index: charset Mar 7, 2015 at 7:27 AM - library/XenForo/Importer/SMF.php:232
Thanks for replying! There are 15 of those lines in the error log. And yes, I have run all of the import steps, including the last step.

I have also rebuilt all of the caches manually from the 'Rebuild Caches' location, but nothing appears to have changed.

Note:
I know the forums, threads and users were imported, because when I rebuild the caches it would say "Rebuilding... Forums (5)", "Rebuilding... Threads (227)" and "Rebuilding... Users (378)" respectively.

Last edited:
It could be a lack of view permissions for the logged in user. Basically check your group and forum permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions

Top Bottom