XF 2.0 Import from SMF 2.0.15 to Xenforo 2

xTrisx

Hello,

I just bought Xenforo 2 yesterday and now, I was just done setting it up on our web host. Now, I want to import our existing SMF 2.0.15 forum to the newly installed Xenforo 2. When I checked the Import option, I can't find SMF, only vBulletins.

Is there really no workaround for this? I wanted to have this done asap.

You’d need to download XF 1.5 from the customer area and then reinstall from those files. Then the SMF importer will be available and after that is done you can upgrade to 2.0.

Bit long winded but other importers are in development.

Delete all of the files first, then upload the XF1.5 files. Yes you can use the same database. When the XF1.5 installer detects the XF2.0 tables, it will offer to remove those tables for you. That should be enough.

Since I don't know the current smf dbase password, so I changed it and also changed it on the smf admin settings but I enountered connection problems.

Then also I tried to start importing to Xenforo 1.5 and I got the following errors:

1518524662042.webp

No worries. For future info, an "a" release is stable, it's usually just been denoted as such because of a last minute patch. Any unsupported releases are marked Alpha, Beta or Release Candidate and suffixed with (Unsupported).

This can sometimes happen if PHP crashes and restarts the current batch.

You'll likely need to manually remove record 816 from the database and try again (and it may come up with some others).

Probably best to remove them using the Admin CP UI itself. admin.php?users/816/delete.

If it appears to be getting stuck in a loop and going back to duplicate entry 816, then it's probably easier to submit a ticket providing FTP and database access details and we'll take a closer look.

At the same time, if you can check your PHP error logs, that might shed some light as to what is making it fall over.

Hi,

I was able to proceed with the importing of my old forum to X 1.5.17 and then I proceed on upgrading, just done uploading the upgrade files. Then I went ahead to the /install, and I think I was locked out. May I know how I can reset the admin user password or add an admin to be able to proceed with the upgrade?

When you try and log in from the front end, there's a "Forgot your password?" link. You can use that to send a password reset email to the account you're locked out of.

If it helps, this could have happened as a result of a merge of your new XF admin account and your old SMF admin account. So that may give you another username / password combination to try.

Top Bottom