Fixed Slow typing with Nexus 4/Samsung S3 stock firmware 4.4

I do not know what code was changed. I do know the general gist of what was changed, hence not answering that question.

Does the JS that Mike has posted work to anybody? I've replaced it on my board (1.2.4), but nothing really improved. I guess I will wait for 1.2.5 since they say it works fine here.

Last edited:
Does the JS that Mike has posted work to anybody? I've replaced it on my board (1.2.4), but nothing really improved. I guess I will wait for 1.2.5 since they say it works fine here.

I think you'll need some patience, since js files are usually heavily cached.

I think you'll need some patience, since js files are usually heavily cached.
With Debug Mode enabled, go to Admin CP > Options > Debug Options.

Change the JavaScript Last Update value.

I'm using xenforo 1.4.6 and many of our users say that typing is so slow that some have resorted to typing out posts in notepad and then copying and pasting in to the editor.

Obviously this isn't ideal, is there any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this issue?

I'm using xenforo 1.4.6 and many of our users say that typing is so slow that some have resorted to typing out posts in notepad and then copying and pasting in to the editor.

Obviously this isn't ideal, is there any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this issue?
Sorry to hear that, I'm sure my users will be complaining after I upgrade.

I would suggest telling your users to switch to the basic editor instead of using notepad. It would be kind of cool if xenforo had an option to disable the advanced editor based on user agent, so we could stay on top of things like this.

Top Bottom