Fixed Slow typing with Nexus 4/Samsung S3 stock firmware 4.4

Well it was only reported a few days ago so Mike will investigate it as far as is reasonably practicable (i.e. not having access to multiple devices).

I didn't experience any noticeable lag with the following devices: iPhone 5S, iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display, iPad Air, Nexus 5 (phone) and Nexus 7 (tablet).

However, I did experience lag with the following devices: iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, Amazon's Kindle Fire HD and Tesco's HUDL.

I've done similar before and had reports from users of the same devices sometimes having problems and sometimes being fine so I don't think its necessarily that simple.

All android devices are significantly more responsive in typing in any application out of the box than after a few days use

I've identified an area where it was a bit slow and it was noticeable with backspacing for example. However, I didn't feel the delays were horrendous on either my Galaxy S2 (running non-standard 4.1 ROM) and my 2012 Nexus 7 (running 4.4.2), but this is definitely improved.

I've just rolled this out here. Can anyone who had particularly bad lag issues give it a shot here?

I've identified an area where it was a bit slow and it was noticeable with backspacing for example. However, I didn't feel the delays were horrendous on either my Galaxy S2 (running non-standard 4.1 ROM) and my 2012 Nexus 7 (running 4.4.2), but this is definitely improved.

I've just rolled this out here. Can anyone who had particularly bad lag issues give it a shot here?

Testing test test test.

Seems to be much better now using my s4.

Testing testing. Wow! So much faster now on my nexus 5!

You nailed it mike.

Hurray!

Just tried a random thread, it's usable now ;)

No more disabling the quick reply editor on my phone :P

Now just need to wait for the 1.2.5 release...

Liam

what was the fix? anything we can implement temporarily until the new update? also will the fix be included in 1.3.0?

Top Bottom