Skip elements at the forum-index page

HenrikHansen

How can I skip some elements at the forum-index page (I shall use it for page that must look more like a directory)?

Skip discussions, messages, subforums and latest?

skip.webp

Code:
.node_X .nodeStats, .node_X .nodeControls, node_X .nodeLastPost {
display: none;
}
Try that in extra.css, change X with the node you want to change. node_1 is the first category, then node_2 is the first forum in that etc etc etc.

EDIT:
Chris ninja'd me with the proper way of doing it though. I fixed the last post info in the css hide trick though....

Code:
.node_X .nodeStats, .node_X .nodeControls {
}
Try that in extra.css, change X with the node you want to change. node_1 is the first category, then node_2 is the first forum in that etc etc etc.
I swear I tried that first and it didn't work :(

But just tested it again and it did so yeah - forget my post (now deleted) MagnusB's answer is way better.

Just to expand it slightly, it needs this to hide the last post box:

Rich (BB code):
.node_X .nodeStats, .node_X .nodeControls, .node_X .nodeLastPost {
}

I don't like the CSS trick, but it is quick and dirty :) I saw I forgot the last post bit, already corrected :D Your deleted method is the correct way, though...
It is, but I sometimes prefer the quick and dirty way. That's what I went to first, but I must have missed something as it didn't work.

To summarise the other method, you basically wrap the bits you want to hide in node_forum_level_2 in:

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$forum.node_id} == X">
Code you want to hide
</xen:if>

Cool, thanks to both of you. Actually my question was to have at deleted at all forums at all times, but I can see the point in hiding for the relevant forums only, so I still have the option to be shown for some forums, in case I want to. Now, I can have both options, so perfect. :cool: Thank you.

Top Bottom