1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skip elements at the forum-index page

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by HenrikHansen, Jul 24, 2012.

1. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

How can I skip some elements at the forum-index page (I shall use it for page that must look more like a directory)?

Skip discussions, messages, subforums and latest?

skip.png

2. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Code:
    .node_X .nodeStats, .node_X .nodeControls, node_X .nodeLastPost {
    display: none;
    }
    Try that in extra.css, change X with the node you want to change. node_1 is the first category, then node_2 is the first forum in that etc etc etc.

EDIT:
    Chris ninja'd me with the proper way of doing it though. I fixed the last post info in the css hide trick though....

Chris D likes this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I swear I tried that first and it didn't work :(

But just tested it again and it did so yeah - forget my post (now deleted) MagnusB's answer is way better.

Just to expand it slightly, it needs this to hide the last post box:

Code:
    .node_X .nodeStats, .node_X .nodeControls, .node_X .nodeLastPost {
    display: none;
    }

MagnusB likes this.
  4. MagnusB

I don't like the CSS trick, but it is quick and dirty :) I saw I forgot the last post bit, already corrected :D Your deleted method is the correct way, though...

Chris D likes this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is, but I sometimes prefer the quick and dirty way. That's what I went to first, but I must have missed something as it didn't work.

To summarise the other method, you basically wrap the bits you want to hide in node_forum_level_2 in:

Code:
    <xen:if is="!{$forum.node_id} == X">
    Code you want to hide
    </xen:if>

6. HenrikHansen

Cool, thanks to both of you. Actually my question was to have at deleted at all forums at all times, but I can see the point in hiding for the relevant forums only, so I still have the option to be shown for some forums, in case I want to. Now, I can have both options, so perfect. :cool: Thank you.

7. MagnusB

If you want to hide it from all, just delete the node_X part, you can always change it later.

8. HenrikHansen

Ok, thanks for the tip