Skin so far - Opinions

Cheers Anthony.

OK Guys, since its a computer forum I have decided I am going to stick to the windows colour scheme. That being red,green,blue,yellow, and to be honest a strange colour combination LOL. Have now removed the lens flare from the bvackground and replaced the background colour of the main content areas with a green colour for a start. Going to try and recreate a windows type wallpaper (blue with faint lines through it) later on today for the backdrop.

Started to do a complete change from my original ideas.... Please bare in mind I know that there are a lot of red borders that need changing and the I know the icons look terrible as of yet LOL.

EDIT: I bloody love the resizin of images on this place LOL

test.webp

Cheers Anthony. Good to know Im headed in the right direction and your comments are appreciated very much.

I am sorry, but the skin looks like it's from 1995 and needs to be replaced with a forum called xenforo ..
i honestly don't like it, in my personal opinion.

personal preference i guess.

I am sorry, but the skin looks like it's from 1995 and needs to be replaced with a forum called xenforo ..
i honestly don't like it, in my personal opinion.

personal preference i guess.

My personal opinion too so glad its not just me. I like the colour set, just tryin to work on how to make it a bit cleaner cut

This is so far..... Still dont like the icons LOL

test.webp

My personal opinion too so glad its not just me. I like the colour set, just tryin to work on how to make it a bit cleaner cut

This is so far..... Still dont like the icons LOL

View attachment 7733

The colour is the problem Marc.Or atleast a big part of it.

Quick critique. The navbar red text applied on a black background doesn't suit. Infact, the text is very unreadable and hard to distinguish. The Blue body background and the greyish gradient residing in the forum list doesn't provide a focus point at all (down to the colours) with that, the black/dark border is like floris said) 1995. It looks vintage, to the point outdated.

There's just so much going on with the colours there just isn't a focus point, the colours don't ooze consistency and/or compliment each other.

LOL@sidebar

OK fair enough. I would rather people be honest than me goin the wrong direction. Have only done one forum skin before which I actually based the colours on another site, so not something I am used to. Think it may be time for me to do a bit of readin up on web design rather than html/css for a change. If this is teachin be anything whatsoever its that you can learn as much in code as you like but unless you can get the design right your pretty much screwed from the beginning.

Top Bottom