XF 1.2 Size of Avatar

Ark Royal

Possibly since upgrading to 1.2.3 I have noticed that my Avatar looks different depending where I look at it, see below.

Capture.webp

Capture1.webp
Previously it was always the same image, rather than a zoomed version. Is it possible I have changed a setting somwehere? If so how do I change it back?

Many Thanks
AR

Not sure how your comment helps Amaury? You can see from the images I have posted that I appear to have 3 different avatars depending on where they are used rather than the same avatar in 3 different sizes.

I know that but in one example they are the same image, whilst being different sizes in the other example they are different areas. Look at the images in my post.

@Amaury - you really need to watch out. You're giving out incorrect information. Avatars are always resized, though they will be cropped to square for certain sizes. You can see that based on his second example.

The upgrade wouldn't have changed the avatar. If it's working with a new avatar, it must have been a problem before. We have had some reports of cropping not working with imagick in certain scenarios, but it may be well be version specific (as in, the version of the PECL extension or the version of ImageMagick it's built against). However, you should be able to reproduce this so I would check the original image again.

@Amaury - you really need to watch out. You're giving out incorrect information. Avatars are always resized, though they will be cropped to square for certain sizes. You can see that based on his second example.

Roger that.

I actually missed the "upgraded" part, so that was indeed my bad. Please accept my apologies. I thought he was talking about something like this appearing different everywhere else, such as the member card.

@Mike it appears to be inconsistent behaviour depending on the image being used for the avatar.
The 'Aladin Zane' image behaves as I expect but the 'Diamond Dogs' image does not.

Neither image has been imported from another system. I will try using them on here and see if they behave differently.

Can you confirm if the Diamond Dogs image still doesn't work if you upload it?

Can you confirm if you're using Imagick or GD for image processing?

Can anyone tell me if theres a setting somewhere or a file edit that would fix the avatar in the member card from cropping incorrectly? I made some changes the other day to change the L avatars from 192px to 222px and everything looks good except the member card.

ScreenHunter_20 Dec. 21 18.54.webp

heres what the L avatar looks like in the member profile...

ScreenHunter_21 Dec. 21 19.03.webp

Top Bottom