XF 1.4 Sitemap in 1.4 not indexed

polle

I updated to 1.4.2 and now I am full of errors, 404 and a not indexed sitemap.

Web: 17,548
Indexed: 26

Indexed: 0

Before that everything was indexed with the sitemap add-on and now its not missing a couple, its missing everything.

What can the problem be ?

Thanks.

Give Google time. An new Sitemap means, that the counter starts by zero.

Look into the Webmasterstools index state. There should be more indexed sites.

Give Google time. An new Sitemap means, that the counter starts by zero.

Look into the Webmasterstools index state. There should be more indexed sites.

Its not as pending, its showing like that.

From a site sitemap when its read by Webmaster tools its read, you don't have to wait more.

Cheers.

No errors and no blocking.

Before I was using this add on without problems and this is what I did.

1- Upgrade XF to 1.4.2.
2- Disable add-on.
3- Build sitemap.
4- Submit new sitemap to WMT.
5- Delete old sitemap in WMT.

And thats it.

Of course 20 from 18,000 is really bad and for images cero the same, bad.

Thanks.

5- Delete old sitemap in WMT.
There was no reason to do this, really.

You may have to contact Google support. The problem may be due to deleting the previous sitemap. I'd find it hard to believe that, but it was certainly not necessary to delete the old sitemap which would have still been perfectly valid.

There was no reason to do this, really.

You may have to contact Google support. The problem may be due to deleting the previous sitemap. I'd find it hard to believe that, but it was certainly not necessary to delete the old sitemap which would have still been perfectly valid.

That will cause duplicated content and that cant be the problem of why "a new sitemap" is not being read.

If I delete all sitemaps in my account and I just add the XF one, that should be read complete, no matter what other sitemaps I had in the past. It makes no sense to submit 2 sitemaps with the same content.

So there must be a catch in another place, for some reason is not being read.

For what I can see in any other plugins and add-ons in any system, all sitemaps are divided into separate files with X number of posts and this one is just 1 single file. Maybe thats the problem ? A file with 18,000 lines ?

Thanks.

We have no control over how Google indexes your site though.
If the sitemap is valid and is being read then it's a Google issue and as already suggested, you will need to contact Google.

Its not as pending, its showing like that.

From a site sitemap when its read by Webmaster tools its read, you don't have to wait more.

Cheers.

You do have to wait - Google needs to correlate what it has in its index with what is in your "new" sitemap file. It doesn't do this instantly - it takes days. Give it a week or so and you'll see the indexed number rising until it reaches a similar level to your previous one. (y)

It took several days for my CycleChat XF1.4 sitemap to come up (the red line):
upload_2014-10-30_11-50-53.webp

You do have to wait - Google needs to correlate what it has in its index with what is in your "new" sitemap file. It doesn't do this instantly - it takes days. Give it a week or so and you'll see the indexed number rising until it reaches a similar level to your previous one. (y)

It took several days for my CycleChat XF1.4 sitemap to come up (the red line):
View attachment 87781
I will wait. I just resubmit it, let see what happens in some days.

Thanks.

Top Bottom