Site performance

kkm323

Site performance

i've been reporting my Site performance for the last month hoping for to get better but without any luck

Performance overview

On average, pages in your site take 15.2 seconds to load (updated on Dec 3, 2010). This is slower than 99% of sites. These estimates are of medium accuracy (between 100 and 1000 data points). The chart below shows how your site's average page load time has changed over the last few months. For your reference, it also shows the 20th percentile value across all sites, separating slow and fast load times.

chart.webp

What kind of web server do you have? Shared? Dedicated?

Was there any significant happening that coincided with the decrease in performance? Perhaps an increase in traffic or installing a new web application?

This can have many reasons, a while ago our site was slow because the /temp directory was full... This is just one thing that can happen. Many other problems can cause bad performance. First of all you should talk to your host.

Well ... I hope you just have a case of massive increase of traffic that your server can't take it anymore :D

jokes aside ... (assuming this is not a shared host ... because if it is then the answer is easy : get a new host)
first-aid :

Check the log rotation and clear all of the logs and temp files
Check the DNS servers and if any are failing
check your MySQL server's config files ... (compare with default) and if you are running a remote SQL check that server (run repair and optimize)

Either there's something wrong with your server, the route to/from it or your content.
No page should take 15-20 seconds to load.

I don't know what your site URL is but you can use Alertra to compare loading times from various locations.

My experience with VPS servers is that they are consistently slower than shared or dedicated. Maybe it's because of the overhead from virtualization and the partitioning of resources. It may be possible to improve performance by adjusting your server configuration, but I don't know much about that stuff. I would just get a new server.

With respect to xenForo, I haven't seen any reports of performance problems. Quite the opposite.

... and I don't want to beat the dead horse any further :D :D ..

virtualization is just a layer between the pool of virtual machines and the actual hardware (which can be several clusters for that matter) Server CPUs are designed for virtualization .. to name the leading technology Intel VT http://www.intel.com/technology/virtualization/technology.htm?iid=tech_vt tech

If you chose a cheap host that still uses Celeron CPUs for 2056 VPSs then don't blame the VPS :D

sorry guys I contacted my hosting co.
and they moved my server to a new place.
lets see what happen

by the way my Alertra result is attached
thanx all

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-08 at 12.55.38 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2010-12-08 at 12.55.38 AM.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom