XF 1.2 Site keeps losing CSS...

TimeWizardCosmo

Hey there,

I moved my xenForo installation to a new host last night, and it keeps losing it's CSS. If I toggle between templates-as-files and back, it comes back for about an hour, then goes away again.

Hopefully this makes sense... Any ideas?

That Litespeed issue is fixed in 1.2.

Everything looks ok here, but as your board is closed, we're quite limited in what we can test.

That Litespeed issue is fixed in 1.2.

Everything looks ok here, but as your board is closed, we're quite limited in what we can test.

Yeah, site is still under development so I can't open it just yet.

CSS will go away about once every 30 minutes to an hour. Thought it was CloudFlare, totally nixed that and am running on MT's vanilla nameservers... No CDN or anything like that.

Thought it could have been some of my addons, disabled all of those with no effect. It ONLY seems to come back if I make a style change (sometimes) or toggle between database and file-based templates (most times).

It's happened once more that I've noticed since I created the thread. If it happens again I'll capture a screenshot and the source and paste it here. Mike, if you or someone need access to troubleshoot, let me know.

Alright, happened again.

Here's a link to a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/RJqgNrF

Here's a link to my source:
http://pastebin.com/xBM8bYTF

The CSS referenced below returns blank files for me:
HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&amp;style=3&amp;dir=LTR&amp;d=1375712082" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=EWRblock_StatusUpdates,EWRporta,bb_code,dark_postrating,dark_taigachat,moderator_bar,nat_public_css,node_category,node_forum,node_list,node_page,panel_scroller,sidebar_share_page&amp;style=3&amp;dir=LTR&amp;d=1375712082" />

1) Check your error logs and look for any error when accessing css files. It is normal to see blank files when opening css files from the browser though.

2) If you don't see anything on your error logs, navigate your site with a browser that supports inspector (actually, I think every browser has an inspector built in). The moment you lose all your CSS, open the inspector and see the CSS files by your self. In Firefox is very easy to do so and it will allow you to see what the browser downloaded as CSS Files. See my attachment for instructions

This error is frequent when developing addons. If an error is triggered when a CSS file is being accessed, you will see the site without styling. Deactivate your Listeners and see if that fixes the problem.

upload_2013-8-5_11-28-12.webp

Nope, I can't reproduce it. Probably it has to do with the fact that your site is closed and not all the listeners on your forum are being fired. If you can create a test account for us to test your full site, then we might be able to help you fix it.

Nope, I can't reproduce it. Probably it has to do with the fact that your site is closed and not all the listeners on your forum are being fired. If you can create a test account for us to test your full site, then we might be able to help you fix it.
You can open the site just disable registrations and people will be able to help better I'm sure.
Okay, board opened. Have at it... See if you can break it.

Thank you for your help guys.

Also, no errors in AdminCP... Sorry about that.

And of course the site is working flawlessly now that it's opened...

Top Bottom