Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Right, should have clarified. You need to be registered to view the forms. Simply register and you can take a look. :)
oki, I'm on, thanks for the trophy :D
QouRZxG.jpg
I have 1 question.
I would like that the info submitted in the form be received like a PM.
If this is possible, I'll buy your addon. Good job btw!

oki, I'm on, thanks for the trophy :D
QouRZxG.jpg
I have 1 question.
I would like that the info submitted in the form be received like a PM.
If this is possible, I'll buy your addon. Good job btw!
Thank you and yes you can have the data submitted in the form either create a new thread, post, PM or email. You can even have it do all 3 or create 4 different PMs. It's very flexible.

Check out our documentation to see how you can set that all up before purchasing as well.

https://liquidpro.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SF/Wiki

Could anyone provide me with a CSS example they did for a form? I bought the product last night and wrong assumed that it would be fairly quick an easy to move things around and colorize them (titles etc). Just having sequential fields on a blank page is kind of ugly. So far it seems to be creating threads as advertised. It's just kind of ugly looking.

Could anyone provide me with a CSS example they did for a form? I bought the product last night and wrong assumed that it would be fairly quick an easy to move things around and colorize them (titles etc). Just having sequential fields on a blank page is kind of ugly. So far it seems to be creating threads as advertised. It's just kind of ugly looking.
Well the default form style is what XenForo packages. We use this method so that all forum themes can easily conform with any form you create for your users. The level of change you make it entirely dependent on your ability to use advanced CSS methods.

I don't know of many of our clients who have customized forms to that level, but I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder :).

I saw a reasonably well laid out form on the site and that's why I purchased. I can do CSS (no expert but I do have a technical background) but I just wanted to see an example of what someone else had done. Out of the box it center justifies and just piles one item on top of the other. Beauty is, in the eye of the beholder??? If you think that is beautiful...well ...ummm...yeah OK.

Again I didn't post to complain. I was just asking for a screen shot sample of something someone else had done. I guess a few handfuls of nothing are faster and easier than saying, here go....here is something that I did. I would have even been fine if you had said nothing as the product did work and I was hoping that someone else would chime in.

Premium XenForo Development
followed by
no custom requests ????
Not at any price?

--Daniel Audet (real name)
daudet@carolina.rr.com

http://www.balancedtrainers.com

I saw a reasonably well laid out form on the site and that's why I purchased. I can do CSS (no expert but I do have a technical background) but I just wanted to see an example of what someone else had done. Out of the box it center justifies and just piles one item on top of the other. Beauty is, in the eye of the beholder??? If you think that is beautiful...well ...ummm...yeah OK.

Again I didn't post to complain. I was just asking for a screen shot sample of something someone else had done. I guess a few handfuls of nothing are faster and easier than saying, here go....here is something that I did. I would have even been fine if you had said nothing as the product did work and I was hoping that someone else would chime in.

Premium XenForo Development
followed by
no custom requests ????
Not at any price?

--Daniel Audet (real name)
daudet@carolina.rr.com

I apologize, but my reply had no intention of being argumentative. There are only a few main points I was trying to get across:
  • The form system uses XenForo's default form structure which makes it easier to follow theme customization
  • Changing that requires a high-level of CSS knowledge
  • Not many clients (or any to my knowledge) have requested a change in the layout so it may be unlikely you'll receive such examples
Beyond that, the beauty comment is simply a saying. Similar to that of "to each his own", "one man's trash is another man's treasure", etc. Basically meaning that you may find it to be ugly, but to some it may be beautiful. I'm only using the extreme opposite of the word you used ;).

Also, why would I not respond to our own addon discussion thread in order to pass along information? I wouldn't want to ignore anyone and I don't want to have our group come off as unresponsive to questions and comments by others.

Lastly, we only make premium addons and distribute them and do not engage in custom requests...at any price. It's not because we wouldn't like to, but because we wouldn't have the time necessary to dedicate to clients with such requests. It wouldn't be wise nor fair to take on custom requests without allocating the necessary resources to do so. Doing that would simply lead to disappointment from all involved.

*Note: If you're planning to change the structure, keep in mind the responsive CSS as well. Making changes could cause some issues for your mobile users.

My point was that it wouldn't hurt your business any and might draw in some new customers if you did a few "look you can do this and here is the sample code" examples. There are many things that I can analyze and learn by example, once I get an inspirational idea. In addition maybe it might encourage other customers to chime in, and show off their work; gaining them more work and you more sales. I just found the comments to be a bit standoffish. I think its a "long stretch" to say that a bunch of fields stacked linearly, in the middle of a page to be attractive, as I don't think anyone can call that treasure. Yes, you can debate and play semantics but at the end of the day you have to be honest with yourself. Most learning websites with beginner examples look better than what one gets out of the box. I get that this product is just an "enabler" for bigger things. There isn't any debate out of me on that one. I do understand the concept of going the extra mile though. As I said, I was able to get if figured out and working right away but having said that the documentation was relatively poor in that it didn't explain certain areas very well.(lack of sequential flow) So it was a bit of trial and error. I am qualified to make that comment as I have worked in IT for 20 years and have worked as an Oracle DBA for about +16 years. I have also coded in many languages but nowadays, I just do a bit of ksh and PERL for my job, in addition to the Oracle work. I write documentation regularly that has functional material that a novice could understand. Yes that takes a lot of effort but that does get recognized by my clients.

Perhaps once I come up with something, I will post it here as an example of how my question could have been handled.

All the best Sir and to your point, yes, Thank You for at least responding in a very timely matter. That was duly noted.

--Daniel Audet

My point was that it wouldn't hurt your business any and might draw in some new customers if you did a few "look you can do this and here is the sample code" examples. There are many things that I can analyze and learn by example, once I get an inspirational idea. In addition maybe it might encourage other customers to chime in, and show off their work; gaining them more work and you more sales. I just found the comments to be a bit standoffish. I think its a "long stretch" to say that a bunch of fields stacked linearly, in the middle of a page to be attractive, as I don't think anyone can call that treasure. Yes, you can debate and play semantics but at the end of the day you have to be honest with yourself. Most learning websites with beginner examples look better than what one gets out of the box. I get that this product is just an "enabler" for bigger things. There isn't any debate out of me on that one. I do understand the concept of going the extra mile though. As I said, I was able to get if figured out and working right away but having said that the documentation was relatively poor in that it didn't explain certain areas very well.(lack of sequential flow) So it was a bit of trial and error. I am qualified to make that comment as I have worked in IT for 20 years and have worked as an Oracle DBA for about +16 years. I have also coded in many languages but nowadays, I just do a bit of ksh and PERL for my job, in addition to the Oracle work. I write documentation regularly that has functional material that a novice could understand. Yes that takes a lot of effort but that does get recognized by my clients.

Perhaps once I come up with something, I will post it here as an example of how my question could have been handled.

All the best Sir and to your point, yes, Thank You for at least responding in a very timely matter. That was duly noted.

--Daniel Audet
I suppose another point is that your request would be better expressed for XenForo in general since, as stated previously, the form system simply taps into the default form style of XenForo both for consistency and easy theme customization.

I don't want to rattle off qualifications because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really help. However, I will say that my 17 years as a web designer should make me more than qualified to speak on the effectiveness any UIX :).

Best of luck to you as well!

However, I will say that my 17 years as a web designer should make me more than qualified to speak on the effectiveness any UIX

The research I did said you were 29 years old. You were doing this when you were 12? Really?

Anyways, this isn't productive. I will try to contribute something once I have something completed.

The research I did said you were 29 years old. You were doing this when you were 12? Really?

Anyways, this isn't productive. I will try to contribute something once I have something completed.
That is correct, started developing and designing web sites when I was 12 years old then professionally at the age 19. :)

I want to create a form which will create a thread after it was filled.
So, how can I manage it that the users themselves types the title of the created thread?
So the first box would be "Thread Title: ________"

I want to create a form which will create a thread after it was filled.
So, how can I manage it that the users themselves types the title of the created thread?
So the first box would be "Thread Title: ________"
Hi sbj,

Pretty easy, simply make a field and call it whatever you like "Subject", "Title", etc. Then in the options for the "New Thread" destination, set that field to be the thread title. Use the Field Manager and have it place the value variable for that form field :).

Reactions: sbj
Wow, awesome. Very powerful tool.

1 more thing:
In my ACP there is this thing with "responses".
I can see all responses submitted.
Does this mean I must approve all responses manually? But actually I see the threads in my forum. For what do I have this?

Wow, awesome. Very powerful tool.

1 more thing:
In my ACP there is this thing with "responses".
I can see all responses submitted.
Does this mean I must approve all responses manually? But actually I see the threads in my forum. For what do I have this?
You don't have to approve responses, that's simply if you use the ability to pull all responses into an excel spreadsheet. You can remove and edit the responses there before you pull it. :)

Reactions: sbj
Ahhh, ok, I see.
I'm getting warm with this and actually it is impressing. All alone the replacing of "create new thread" button is worth it.

Ok, 2 more things :).

1) In my ACP, I have created a multiple-choice drop-down selection field. Next to the choices I created, I see arrows.
But I can't move the choices and change their order. How can I accomplish this?

2) Ok, finally I created one form with everything I need. When the form is filled and the thread is created, the outcome doesn't look very good.
Everything is stacked and there is no room between each field. How can I make 2 lines of space between each field?

1) In my ACP, I have created a multiple-choice drop-down selection field. Next to the choices I created, I see arrows.
But I can't move the choices and change their order. How can I accomplish this?
I believe this is a bug and will look into fixing this for 2.1.9. Should be an easy fix.
2) Ok, finally I created one form with everything I need. When the form is filled and the thread is created, the outcome doesn't look very good.
Everything is stacked and there is no room between each field. How can I make 2 lines of space between each field?
In the Thread Destination options is a section called "Template". You can format the output of the data however you like. The textbox supports BBCode as well. If you want more spaces, simply input more linebreaks :).

Top Bottom