Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

I noticed in a node you can choose to display a button instead of 'Create Thread' which is awesome!
Cool. How can this be done? Atm I can't see, where to set it that way?

And additionally: If the "Create Thread" button of a certain node is replaced by a creation button for a simple form, can that form memorize this certain node as its destination, and create a new thread right there?

Cool. How can this be done? Atm I can't see, where to set it that way?

And additionally: If the "Create Thread" button of a certain node is replaced by a creation button for a simple form, can that form memorize this certain node as its destination, and create a new thread right there?
This can be done in the Forum Node settings, you'll see new options for "Replace New Thread Button".

https://liquidpro.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SF/Wiki

That's our Wiki/Documentation site just in case you want to learn more about how to use Simple Forms.

You will need to set the form destination to go to that node. The "Replace New Thread" option doesn't affect where a form goes. That can be done in the "Destinations" tab for any form you create :).

@LP-John: Thanks, found it.

Think, I understood it: For a classifieds with several nodes, I would have to create seperate forms, one for each node, to let them create threads in the correct destinations?

@LP-John: Thanks, found it.

Think, I understood it: For a classifieds with several nodes, I would have to create seperate forms, one for each node, to let them create threads in the correct destinations?
Correct, as of right now. We are looking into future functionality that would allows users to pick their forum destination on-the-fly based on form fields. However, it may take a long time (and perhaps a re-write) to accomplish :(.

I have read the complete Wiki now. I really like, what we have purchased. This addon seems to be very powerfull and I think, I can create a lot of usefull things with it.

There's one thing, I'm still missing, after reading the Wiki: There seems to be a way, to include field values into the title, that is created by the form, if "New Thread Destinaten" is chosen.

How would be the syntax, if I had 2 fileds like "Brand" and "Product", and I would like to include their values into the title?

Oops, just found the Field Helper :)

Last edited:
Ok, I think, I understood, how to style forms with CSS... but how about styling the destination thread posting?

I couldn't find any class names or IDs of the outputted field names and field values.

Ok, I think, I understood, how to style forms with CSS... but how about styling the destination thread posting?

I couldn't find any class names or IDs of the outputted field names and field values.
There is nothing to do that. That is completely up to XenForo because it just simply makes a new thread or post. There is no way of differentiating that content from someone who simply just makes a manual posting.

No way to include the field names or values in div's with IDs or classes? Or custom bbCode? :cry:
I don't believe you can do that with stock XenForo so I would say no. Our addon doesn't change the way threads, posts or conversations look. It simply uses those as a vehicle to display the information submitted via the form.

I looked at the wiki but couldn't find anything, is there a way to get "sections" to split up the forms? For example, I have a form which contains three different sections and when going on to the next set of questions I want a way to visually split it along with include some text explaining the required formats...hopefully that makes sense. Is this currently possible?

I looked at the wiki but couldn't find anything, is there a way to get "sections" to split up the forms? For example, I have a form which contains three different sections and when going on to the next set of questions I want a way to visually split it along with include some text explaining the required formats...hopefully that makes sense. Is this currently possible?
Hi Bradley,

This is not a current feature, but is something we've already worked on developing for a future version. We have no idea what version this will be in, so no ETA. It's a major change because we are trying to allow users to divide the questions into "pages" so that you can click "next", etc.

Now if you want to only visually separate the questions, simply use our "Pre-Text" fields and add in some large text header and copy. That's a good way to visually separate them. You can even throw in a couple breaks before the text to add additional spacing between the sections :).

Hi Bradley,

This is not a current feature, but is something we've already worked on developing for a future version. We have no idea what version this will be in, so no ETA. It's a major change because we are trying to allow users to divide the questions into "pages" so that you can click "next", etc.

Now if you want to only visually separate the questions, simply use our "Pre-Text" fields and add in some large text header and copy. That's a good way to visually separate them. You can even throw in a couple breaks before the text to add additional spacing between the sections :).
Thanks for the answer and quick response. Sadly due to custom addon not breaking when we update our Xenforo we aren't on any of the newer releases. Is it safe to assume that the "Pre-Text" fields aren't available for users on Xenforo 1.1.x?

Thanks for the answer and quick response. Sadly due to custom addon not breaking when we update our Xenforo we aren't on any of the newer releases. Is it safe to assume that the "Pre-Text" fields aren't available for users on Xenforo 1.1.x?
Correct, this is a newer feature that was added in the 2.x line of our addon. We do not support XenForo 1.1.x unfortunately. Also you may want to be careful since a few security patches have come out for 1.2+ that will put your forum in danger of exploitation. While, I can understand custom addons breaking being issue, never let them put your entire forum at risk!

Hi John,

I tried to update this with the Add on Installer by Chris.

Got the following error:

gd9N1oe.png

Would you prefer clients not update with the add on installer?

Thanks,

Hi John,

I tried to update this with the Add on Installer by Chris.

Got the following error:

gd9N1oe.png

Would you prefer clients not update with the add on installer?

Thanks,

NVM, tried again and it seemed to fix itself.

I couldn't find a solution in the documentation (maybe I was just blind): Can I, somehow, define a volatile target for a form?

I want to remap my "New Thread" function in a number of subforums so that a certain form is displayed instead. Of course, the target would be a new topic in the particular subforum. How can I achieve that without having to create the same form a dozen times?

Top Bottom