Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Hey quick request:

I noticed in a node you can choose to display a button instead of 'Create Thread' which is awesome!
However it will only display if the user has the permission to create a thread, and I'm looking for users to ONLY be able to create applications for that forum. It seems silly that I would have the option of both.

Thanks!

Hey quick request:

I noticed in a node you can choose to display a button instead of 'Create Thread' which is awesome!
However it will only display if the user has the permission to create a thread, and I'm looking for users to ONLY be able to create applications for that forum. It seems silly that I would have the option of both.

Thanks!
It replaces the "Create Thread" button with the form you've created. So they wouldn't see that button at all if you're worried about both showing up.

It replaces the "Create Thread" button with the form you've created. So they wouldn't see that button at all if you're worried about both showing up.
Yes but you can still create a thread if you know the link. Then some users come around and pretend they are l33t creating threads and whatnot.
Also for apps like Tapatalk it might allow users to create threads where you only want applications.

I just figure the majority of users want one or the other, not both :D Please tell me if I'm wrong haha

Yes but you can still create a thread if you know the link. Then some users come around and pretend they are l33t creating threads and whatnot.
Also for apps like Tapatalk it might allow users to create threads where you only want applications.

I just figure the majority of users want one or the other, not both :D Please tell me if I'm wrong haha
Also if you won't do it since it's a bad idea can you point in the right direction so I can make some changes myself.

Thanks!

Also if you won't do it since it's a bad idea can you point in the right direction so I can make some changes myself.

Thanks!

There is no work-around at the moment, but we will look at fixing this for 2.1.8. Of course no ETA, but in the meantime you can disable the ability to create threads and create a sub-forum link that goes to the form.

@LP-John , I can change order of forms in ACP (Added Custom Sorting ability for the Forms listing page (Drag and Drop)), but after page refresh order revert back, so nor in ACP nor in front view (on forum) forms are not in order I made them. Still it revert back to alphabetic default order.

@LP-John , I can change order of forms in ACP (Added Custom Sorting ability for the Forms listing page (Drag and Drop)), but after page refresh order revert back, so nor in ACP nor in front view (on forum) forms are not in order I made them. Still it revert back to alphabetic default order.
Did you change the default order in the Simple Forms options?

I just found this addon... would it be a good idea, trying to build things like classifieds or product-reviews with it?

Quick presale question just to confirm I got things right - will this addon allow me to create an application form that will output to a topic in a particular forum? Cheers:)

I just found this addon... would it be a good idea, trying to build things like classifieds or product-reviews with it?
Sure, you definitely could. If you need help on how to do something or have a specific question about it then please reach out to us!
Quick presale question just to confirm I got things right - will this addon allow me to create an application form that will output to a topic in a particular forum? Cheers:)
Absolutely, you can set which forum node the application form goes to.

Hmm, can't make a purchase via your website as my current IP does not match my billing address location :S I'll never understand how it stops freud - those that care, will use proxies and get around it anyhow. A bit too much hassle to setup one for a purchase worth 25USD though. I'd appreciate if you could let me know if we can work around that somehow. If not, that's alright, I will look for an alternative solution. Thanks :)

Hmm, can't make a purchase via your website as my current IP does not match my billing address location :S I'll never understand how it stops freud - those that care, will use proxies and get around it anyhow. A bit too much hassle to setup one for a purchase worth 25USD though. I'd appreciate if you could let me know if we can work around that somehow. If not, that's alright, I will look for an alternative solution. Thanks :)
Sorry, there is no work around for the fraud protection and the fraud system also detects proxy usage as well. It's not perfect, but it's worked well for us and the hundreds of people who have purchased the addon so far. I apologize for the issues you've encountered, but if the information you're providing matches your current location then you shouldn't have any issue.

Thanks and no, my billing address is in a different country to where I currently am. It's the 21st century, people travel and often work and have businesses spanning more then one country :) No worries though, I understand you may be bound by whatever system you happen to be using. Thanks for a quick reply and good luck with other sales ;)

Thanks and no, my billing address is in a different country to where I currently am. It's the 21st century, people travel and often work and have businesses spanning more then one country :) No worries though, I understand you may be bound by whatever system you happen to be using. Thanks for a quick reply and good luck with other sales ;)
Best of luck to you too :)

Top Bottom