Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

As of this moment, no. But we can put in as a feature request. The difficulty is determining where this is done. From the form list page? From the new thread button you create? It would need to be an option most likely.

Specifically for me, I have links in threads to the forms that redirect you back to the thread where it is posted and the way I was thinking was that once a member fills out the form, the page would of course load the destination thread and instead of going between 3 pages, you've cut out the form page by having it be an overlay and streamlined the process a bit.

Specifically for me, I have links in threads to the forms that redirect you back to the thread where it is posted and the way I was thinking was that once a member fills out the form, the page would of course load the destination thread and instead of going between 3 pages, you've cut out the form page by having it be an overlay and streamlined the process a bit.
This may not be possible because we are trying to implement stepped forms. Essentially forms on multiple pages with "Next" buttons. You couldn't do that in an overlay. So this might need to be a developed by a third party for you.

nice forms, I was expecting something along the lines of a tutorial or two.. does not help me much..
Well those are two very different things. Asking for example forms vs tutorials are not the same thing. That will take much longer to create. However the product is straight forward, you build forms and they can create a thread, post, conversation or email someone. That is the very core of this product. Our site and our resource listing shows the features this product possesses, so that should also be helpful.

This may not be possible because we are trying to implement stepped forms. Essentially forms on multiple pages with "Next" buttons. You couldn't do that in an overlay. So this might need to be a developed by a third party for you.

That would be really nice. I hope that will be released in some time ;)

Well those are two very different things. Asking for example forms vs tutorials are not the same thing. That will take much longer to create. However the product is straight forward, you build forms and they can create a thread, post, conversation or email someone. That is the very core of this product. Our site and our resource listing shows the features this product possesses, so that should also be helpful.
Unable to see the forms. Could you grant us access?

PS: I'm a customer already.

I'm looking for a few things:
1) can the form calculate a total? I.e., if the user says they collected 5 squares and 3 circles, can I tell the form to value squares at 10 and circles at 25%, which would then show this user their total is 50.75?
2) can the form send the user a confirmation email of what they submitted, make the data available for download (along with all other responses) to a spreadsheet for users with certain permissions, but not create a thread or other viewable record?
3) can the form submission create a thread which is viewable by users with a specific usergroup, but not others EXCEPT the original submitter? (different form than #2, FYI)
4) can a form be 'approved' by someone of a specific usergroup? If so, how is that approval stored/used/available to be used? Can I grant a usergroup with this approval (without requiring admin access for the approver)?

I'm looking for a few things:
1) can the form calculate a total? I.e., if the user says they collected 5 squares and 3 circles, can I tell the form to value squares at 10 and circles at 25%, which would then show this user their total is 50.75?
2) can the form send the user a confirmation email of what they submitted, make the data available for download (along with all other responses) to a spreadsheet for users with certain permissions, but not create a thread or other viewable record?
3) can the form submission create a thread which is viewable by users with a specific usergroup, but not others EXCEPT the original submitter? (different form than #2, FYI)
4) can a form be 'approved' by someone of a specific usergroup? If so, how is that approval stored/used/available to be used? Can I grant a usergroup with this approval (without requiring admin access for the approver)?
Hello,
  1. The form has no math logic. You would need to have this developed for you by a third-party.
  2. You can send an email confirmation to the user if you collect their email address via the form. However, pulling responses is only available to admins. It would need to be pulled manually and supplied to them.
  3. You can do this through your forum permission and the form permissions.
  4. I don't really understand what's being approved, the form itself or the results of the form? There is no approval system for forms, but you can set the new threads it creates to be moderated before it shows up. That is how any thread moderation works.
Hope that helps. It seems like you have a specific usage for our addon and would recommend hiring a third-party developer to create what you need above. These are, unfortunately, are pretty specific conditions that we cannot support as you've described.

Feature Requrst:
  • Add an option to set a time limit to fill the form, e.g 1 minute. And when time is up, auto submit the form.
@LP-John thanks!

Feature Requrst:
  • Add an option to set a time limit to fill the form, e.g 1 minute. And when time is up, auto submit the form.
@LP-John thanks!
So you wish to have a form that limits the user to filling out the form in the time specified. When the time is up it submits the form. Correct?

This seems potentially dangerous. If the user doesn't like the form, they can simply sit on the form and let it continually submit a form over and over every minute.

Also, what about required fields? By default forms have validation, it would be up to you to remove all required fields.

Yes, correct.

When we set a time limit we know that we have to make it redirect to the thread after submission so it won't submit again. Yes, In that case there would not be required fields.

Basically I wanted to make use of it as a questionnaire competition and let users answer within the time limit. Answers will be submitted to competition thread. And we already have an option to set Maximum Responses Per User, it would be 1. So no one can submit twice.

P.S. If you do this feature then it would be nice if there is a Time Indicator to let user see the time :)

Yes, correct.

When we set a time limit we know that we have to make it redirect to the thread after submission so it won't submit again. Yes, In that case there would not be required fields.

Basically I wanted to make use of it as a questionnaire competition and let users answer within the time limit. Answers will be submitted to competition thread. And we already have an option to set Maximum Responses Per User, it would be 1. So no one can submit twice.
We will see what we can do with this for our next release. We have no ETA per usual, but will keep it in mind.

Top Bottom