Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Towards the bottom of the form, next to submit is an "Upload a File" button.
Either I'm crazy or I don't have it.

5Yeigyf.png

Is there a form generator we can use to style the output? I know I can go in and manually write out the table structure and associated CSS class but man what a PITA! Wish there was something easier.

Is there a form generator we can use to style the output? I know I can go in and manually write out the table structure and associated CSS class but man what a PITA! Wish there was something easier.
Unfortunately there is no generator of sorts. The format follows how XenForo creates tables and uses that style since it has built-in responsive.

I'm trying to style the forms (trying to make the input fields and labels bigger). How do I put in styling that affects all the forms and not the rest of xenforo?

I trying putting

Code:
/* Increase the size of Form Elements */
.xenForm .ctrlUnit > dd .textCtrl {
font-size: 16pt !important;
}

.xenForm .ctrlUnit > dd .explain {
font-size: 11pt !important;
}

.xenForm .ctrlUnit > dt label {
font-size: 14pt !important;
}

first in the CSS Box for forms - and it didn't work.

Then I put that in extra.css and it affects other fields in XenForo. Would love know how to fix it.

Question 2: How are unique responses tracked?

Can the addon allow submission of multiple responses from the Same IP; but using different usernames?

I'm trying to style the forms (trying to make the input fields and labels bigger). How do I put in styling that affects all the forms and not the rest of xenforo?

I trying putting

Code:
/* Increase the size of Form Elements */
.xenForm .ctrlUnit > dd .textCtrl {
}

.xenForm .ctrlUnit > dd .explain {
}

.xenForm .ctrlUnit > dt label {
}

first in the CSS Box for forms - and it didn't work.

Then I put that in extra.css and it affects other fields in XenForo. Would love know how to fix it.

At the moment we don't have a general CSS class you can use to differentiate between SF forms and XF forms. However, you can create a new template modification on the template "form_respond" and add a custom class to the <form>. Have it find:
HTML:
<form method="post" class="xenForm AutoValidator"

Replace with:
HTML:
<form method="post" class="lpsf xenForm AutoValidator"

This way you can target your labels with:
Code:
.lpsf .ctrlUnit > dd .textCtrl {
}

.lpsf .ctrlUnit > dd .explain {
}

.lpsf .ctrlUnit > dt label {
}

Question 2: How are unique responses tracked?

Can the addon allow submission of multiple responses from the Same IP; but using different usernames?

If you set the maximum responses per user, it set to only allow a user to respond once. It flags their account. This doesn't really apply to guests without usernames because there is no way to flag them so XenForo knows they have responded.

@LP-John - The first solution worked when I entered the CSS edits in extra.css; and not in the 'Design' part of the form settings.

#2: Let's say there are multiple members from a University or Corporate network. Will they be fill up the form if I've set 1 response /user?

@LP-John - The first solution worked when I entered the CSS edits in extra.css; and not in the 'Design' part of the form settings.

#2: Let's say there are multiple members from a University or Corporate network. Will they be fill up the form if I've set 1 response /user?
Right, for the solution I proposed (and we will add that class in our next release), the design tab is really for specific forms, not for every form. So it makes sense to use your extra.css template in that instance.

For #2, if they all have separate usernames then it won't matter where they come from. Because it will only allow them to submit once per user account. If they are guests (non-registered) then they will more than likely be able to submit more than once.

Okay, I see. I thought the system determines the entries only on the basis of IP address; and not the usernames.

PS: When is the version 2.0 3.0 coming?
PS2: When is Simple Groups coming? :)

Last edited:
Okay, I see. I thought the system determines the entries only on the basis of IP address; and not the usernames.

PS: When is the version 2.0 coming?
PS2: When is Simple Groups coming? :)
Haha, we are currently in 2.0... The latest release is 2.1.3. Do you mean 3.0? You know we don't give ETA :)

Simple Groups is still in development, but we want to do it right so it will take quite a bit of time to get it into a stage where we will offer alpha tests to our current customers. So, it will come, but no ETA for that as well :)

On our forum, we have an "Ask A Therapist" section in which people can submit questions and have those questions responded to by licensed therapists. We use Simple Forms for question submission (the questions are sent to a private forum and email addresses) and also for answer submission. Simple Forms is very helpful with answer submission because we've created custom BBCodes to style the Q&A answers and this saves us from having to train the "answerers" on how to use them. It's really a great system that saves us and our partners a good deal of stress.

We would like to have new answers posted every day at, say, 8AM ET. Asking partner therapists to submit their answers at a very specific time would be an awful lot to ask of them (especially since they're in California), so we would like to preschedule the new threads in advance.

Is there any chance of integrating a XenForo Cron job so that destinations could specify when the action is taken? I'm thinking of something that would be implemented through the system visible at www.axenforo.com/admin.php?cron/ It would allow users to hat the emails sent/posts made/threads created/messages sent at a time of their choosing and could be quite useful.

On our forum, we have an "Ask A Therapist" section in which people can submit questions and have those questions responded to by licensed therapists. We use Simple Forms for question submission (the questions are sent to a private forum and email addresses) and also for answer submission. Simple Forms is very helpful with answer submission because we've created custom BBCodes to style the Q&A answers and this saves us from having to train the "answerers" on how to use them. It's really a great system that saves us and our partners a good deal of stress.

We would like to have new answers posted every day at, say, 8AM ET. Asking partner therapists to submit their answers at a very specific time would be an awful lot to ask of them (especially since they're in California), so we would like to preschedule the new threads in advance.

Is there any chance of integrating a XenForo Cron job so that destinations could specify when the action is taken? I'm thinking of something that would be implemented through the system visible at www.axenforo.com/admin.php?cron/ It would allow users to hat the emails sent/posts made/threads created/messages sent at a time of their choosing and could be quite useful.
I'm glad our addon has been helpful for you!

Just to make sure I'm understanding, you want the ability to collect answers throughout the day and then at a particular time, post all the answers that have been collected? If I'm wrong, please let me know :)

That is exactly it.

I was thinking of an option for the destination that could choose times when the destination would "run." However, any other way of implementing that functionality would be just as good.

People seem to like scheduled events, so having a certain time of day when they can look for new threads could build anticipation and a routine. It also makes for a more professional and predictable appearance.

Thanks for the super quick reply!

That is exactly it.

I was thinking of an option for the destination that could choose times when the destination would "run." However, any other way of implementing that functionality would also be helpful.
Hmm, it's an interesting feature but it's not something that could be done without some development work (third party or otherwise). Essentially there would have to be a way of stopping the forms from running the destination once the user has submitted their information. Then that information would need to be collected into the database and the cron job run the destination for each submission at a particular time.

At the moment, we couldn't find a work around for this. We can put it into the feature request, but it could be a much more complicated feature to develop and will need to run it by Andrew (developer). Sorry, I don't have a much more helpful response :(.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have an option to over-ride the form settings for 'Guests' for individual forms. In general, xenForo divides the users into two major groups: Logged-In and Guests. I'd like to make most of my forms available ONLY to the members; but make an exception for 'Contact Us' form; which the guests can use.

A setting that lets us override the permissions for 'Guests' would be great. :)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have an option to over-ride the form settings for 'Guests' for individual forms. In general, xenForo divides the users into two major groups: Logged-In and Guests. I'd like to make most of my forms available ONLY to the members; but make an exception for 'Contact Us' form; which the guests can use.

A setting that lets us override the permissions for 'Guests' would be great. :)
Are you strictly talking about seeing the form or replying to it? You can, currently, restrict access on a per-form basis.

https://liquidpro.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=524394

Hopefully that explains it more. You would essentially set it so that everyone can see the forms, but you can set it so that only specific groups and respond to it. You can even make a form "Private" and have only select groups respond.

Top Bottom