Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Yep, I'm getting the &#039 code when users submit an apostrophe as well.

Here is an example of the output text that's gone to the forum as a submission. It's at the bottom.

http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-kauai-test.1465/
Unfortunately I can't see your site because my office thinks it's a scam haha. I'll take a look when I get home to see what is going on. We've tested this a bunch and have been unable to replicate it. Can you export your XML file for the form in question and send it to us in a ticket? This might help see how your form is configured.

We're gonna need your bank account info first, nah just kidding. We only scam a little. I'll send up the xml file right away.

Can you let us know whether that bug still exists? We never really used this as that bug has been present since we purchased it so don't really want to renew if it's still there.

Can you let us know whether that bug still exists? We never really used this as that bug has been present since we purchased it so don't really want to renew if it's still there.
We cannot replicate it, but we'll take a look at JP's form XML to see what is going on. It would have been nice for this to have been opened as ticket if it's been a long-standing bug. We haven't seen this issue anywhere else.

We cannot replicate it, but we'll take a look at JP's form XML to see what is going on. It would have been nice for this to have been opened as ticket if it's been a long-standing bug. We haven't seen this issue anywhere else.

Is it not this bug: http://liquidpro.net/community/threads/quote-special-characters-still-not-being-parsed-correctly.78/

I was under the impression it was the same bug, apologies if I'm mistaken.

(Also I can't seem to validate my XF license on your site with my token, is the license API currently down?)

Is it not this bug: http://liquidpro.net/community/threads/quote-special-characters-still-not-being-parsed-correctly.78/

I was under the impression it was the same bug, apologies if I'm mistaken.

(Also I can't seem to validate my XF license on your site with my token, is the license API currently down?)
Nope, that's an older bug where ALL special characters had caused issues. This appears to be just ' causing problems. No worries, we just need to know of issues in order to fix them properly.

Perhaps there is a problem with that addon. Are you talking about our forums?

It's a rather simplistic implementation. The form uses the same structure and CSS styling of all forms in XenForo. This way it always stays consistent. You could adjust the default XenForo form stylings or use the CSS properties to target areas you want to change. For example all forms in Simple Forms have a class called "form_respond" surrounding them on the #content div. Use that as a good starting point.

I can edit the style properties but that edits all forms and I just want to edit this one. To be honest i think its beyond me. When I read Added new "Design" tab for customized CSS creation per form. I didn't realise It would be like this having to find the class etc. I thought it would be just a matter of putting some .css in the box and it would apply it to the form, like in the usergroup style box etc.

I can edit the style properties but that edits all forms and I just want to edit this one. To be honest i think its beyond me. When I read Added new "Design" tab for customized CSS creation per form. I didn't realise It would be like this having to find the class etc. I thought it would be just a matter of putting some .css in the box and it would apply it to the form, like in the usergroup style box etc.
That's not very customizable though. This allows any additional CSS to be added to the form for that specific form. You simply just have to target the classes you want.

2 bugs I've found so far:

• When a form is sent to recipients via conversation, it appears ISO code is still outputted instead of the apostrophe
  • It appears that sending the form to multiple recipients does not work, it only sends it to the first recipient in the comma list. So if the user ids are listed like so 15,2,4,5,9 - only 15 would get it

2 bugs I've found so far:

• When a form is sent to recipients via conversation, it appears ISO code is still outputted instead of the apostrophe
  • It appears that sending the form to multiple recipients does not work, it only sends it to the first recipient in the comma list. So if the user ids are listed like so 15,2,4,5,9 - only 15 would get it
For your second issue, please open a ticket.

Hi James,

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. Are you asking about a new install or an upgrade? When you run the install it communicates with the license serve so your information about your license is updated. You should always overwrite your files with the latest release.

Hi John

It is an upgrade.

1. Upload the contents of the upload folder to your XenForo installation folder. Please note that if an existing LiquidPro folder exists, do NOT overwrite it. Simply copy the new contents into the LiquidPro folder.
2. Ensure the license.dat located in the library/LiquidPro/SimpleForms/ folder has the necessary write and read permissions (777) available.
3. Login to your XenForo Admin Control Panel and click on the Install Add-on link on the left navigation.
4. Browse to the location of the XML file in this package. Click Install Add-On.
5. Insert your license key (found in the LiquidPro Technologies Client Area) into the "Options" > "Simple Forms" section. Save the options page.

That was the confusing part :)

Hi John

It is an upgrade.

1. Upload the contents of the upload folder to your XenForo installation folder. Please note that if an existing LiquidPro folder exists, do NOT overwrite it. Simply copy the new contents into the LiquidPro folder.
2. Ensure the license.dat located in the library/LiquidPro/SimpleForms/ folder has the necessary write and read permissions (777) available.
3. Login to your XenForo Admin Control Panel and click on the Install Add-on link on the left navigation.
4. Browse to the location of the XML file in this package. Click Install Add-On.
5. Insert your license key (found in the LiquidPro Technologies Client Area) into the "Options" > "Simple Forms" section. Save the options page.

That was the confusing part :)
Ah, gotcha. We originally had it that way due to the old process of updating with the license key. You used to have to place the key into a file in the LiquidPro folder, but that is no longer the case. You should be fine completely overwriting the files.

Just letting you know that I got all the "welcome/payment" emails to my Gmail Spam. Something on these emails isnt' good (or maybe your mail server IP address got blacklisted).

That's not very customizable though. This allows any additional CSS to be added to the form for that specific form. You simply just have to target the classes you want.

Lol Finally sorted, all customised to my liking. Just watched a tutorial how to use firebug on firefox and everything clicked into place.

cheers

Top Bottom