Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Same error as above in Admin CP:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - library/Andy/SimilarThreads/Model.php:106
Generated By: ExecuteIVS, 43 minutes ago

can you add checkbox to select match similar threads when you create a threads or modify inside posts
thanks andy

I get 2 errors with 5.1

ErrorException: Undefined variable: ch - library/Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:508

and

ErrorException: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given - library/Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:508

Hi Andy, is it possible to generate and store a list of similar threads in advance to stop having to perform searches on every thread view? Perhaps an additional field added to the post table to store an array of threadIDs?

I'd love to use this addon, but I'm a bit worried about server load on large forums.

I was just thinking of how I could use this on my board, Andy. I think what would be cooler for authors/writers, as on my forum, would be a list that shows other works/threads by the same author. In other words, can your add-on be made to pull up threads based upon user name rather than threads that have something similar in the title? Better yet, could this be made an option? Even better than that...could you allow a user to select the current method of identifying similar threads in selected boards and the other method (by author/user) in other boards?

Or best of all would be if you could allow users reading a thread to see similar threads based on title with one tab and by author with another. In other words, they get to choose.

Feel free to ignore me if these requests are too out there or complicated.

Thanks!

I've updated to the latest version and I have to thank you Andy for adding the Show Search Words, now filtering is a lot easier! (y)

When updating, it would be better if the Stop Words were the same as before updating.
My words are in spanish and when I update I have to put them back again.
This also happens to the Stop Characters, just an example, in spanish we use the ¿ and ¡ characters.

My Similar Threads just shows the similar threads from the same forum.
I noticed that when they're displayed, they also show in which forum they are, which in this case is redundant.

Andy, is it possible to hide that information when the Same Forum option is enabled?

View attachment 126149
I've removed this from the template andy_similarthreads_* and now it looks better. :)

Code:
<span class="containerName">, {xen:phrase in_forum}: <a href="{xen:link forums, $similarThread.forum}">{$similarThread.nodeTitle}</a></span>

Before

upload_2016-5-18_13-14-38.webp

After

upload_2016-5-18_13-13-36.webp

Andy, do you think you could change this depending on the Same Forum option?

Hi, AndyB
when i try to add new thread, page becomes strange;

AndyB helped me, and he found the problem.
it was route filter issue
Now its working.
Thanks AndyB ;)

Attachments

• error.webp
    error.webp
    11 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hello,
I installed this addon but i,m facing this problem.
I used following plugin for install and upgrade
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-on-install-upgrade.960

erver Error
rtrim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. rtrim() in Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 56
  3. Andy_SimilarThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/demoforum/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

Did you solve your problem ? Im getting the same ! (Im using 5.1)

edit: Thanks to @AndyB , problem solved with a simply manual reinstalation. Awesome addon !

Last edited:
Hello, need help with addon. I would like to add some functionality, but i don't know how.
I found such functionality on IPB as on the picture below.
At least for me it's looks very usefull. There are similar threads on forum_view template.
I tried to add new modification on forum_view (from forum_list example), but unfortunately it doesn't work.
Hope on your help.

dop.webp

Top Bottom