1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
Description:

The Similar Threads add-on will do the following:
  • Show a list of similar threads when a user is creating a new thread
  • Show a list of similar threads when a user is viewing a thread
If you're using Enhanced Search I suggest using the Similar Threads Plus add-on located here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/similar-threads-plus.5150/
(Example of Similar Threads shown during thread creation)

pic001.webp

(Example of Options page)

pic002.webp

(Example of User Group Permissions)

pic003.webp

Features:
  • Forum view permissions honored. If a member doesn't have permission to view certain forums, Similar Threads will exclude those forums.
  • All phrases start with similarthreads_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download similarthreads_v5.1.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-SimilarThreads_v5.1.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
User Group Permissions:

Normally you will want to set "Allow" for the following two user groups:

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Registered

Question and Answers:

Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
A: No.

Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
A: Only thread titles are searched.

Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to Revoke honored?
A: No.
Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.94 star(s) 77 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

On Jan 1, 2016 version 4.7 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection...
  2. See description