1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Similar Threads 5.1

Shows a list of similar threads when a user is creating or viewing a thread.

1. AndyB
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Description:

The Similar Threads add-on will do the following:
    • Show a list of similar threads when a user is creating a new thread
    • Show a list of similar threads when a user is viewing a thread
    (Example of Similar Threads shown during thread creation)

pic001.jpg

(Example of Options page)

pic002.jpg

(Example of User Group Permissions)

pic003.jpg

Features:
    • Forum view permissions honored. If a member doesn't have permission to view certain forums, Similar Threads will exclude those forums.
    • All phrases start with similarthreads_ for your convenience.
    Installation:
    1. Download similarthreads_v5.1.zip and unzip it.
    2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
    3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
    4. Upload the addon-SimilarThreads_v5.1.xml file.
    5. Click the Install Add-on button.
    User Group Permissions:

Normally you will want to set "Allow" for the following two user groups:

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
    Registered

Question and Answers:

Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
    A: No.

Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
    A: Only thread titles are searched.

Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to Revoke honored?
    A: No.
    Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
    phpclub, _NANO_, nrep and 47 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. See description
  2. See description
  3. See description

Recent Reviews

1. adwade
    adwade
    5/5,
    Version: 5.1
    This is one of our most utilized add-ons, making it so easy and fast to identify Similar Threads. The fact you can pick just the same forum, or determine exactly which forums you prefer to exclude is a really nice feature. KUDOS on a job well done!
  2. Wasserlasser
    Wasserlasser
    5/5,
    Version: 5.0
    Great AddOn and a great addition to my Forum. Does what it supposed to do and gives the Users a much better experience. As always, great work by Andy.
  3. marcv
    marcv
    5/5,
    Version: 4.8
    This similar thread add on is awesome. Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Quick and clean install. Thanks!
  4. STORMS
    STORMS
    5/5,
    An add-on like this should really be built in to Xenforo's core. When you're writing a thread, it populates similar threads to not only make moderating easy but it's also very user-friendly. It also shows similar threads at the bottom of threads will you're in a thread. Our users also really like it - and I didn't even warn them about it. Really a great feature and it's FREE; can't go wrong.
  5. Mike Fara
    Mike Fara
    5/5,
    Once again, just a great add-on altogether. The author is steadfast and determined in getting this out to people and not charging a ridiculous fee for it. Probably one of the most useful add-ons you can get for XF at the time of this review.
  6. Fabian
    Fabian
    5/5,
    Version: 4.6
    An excellent add-on that increases the average time that users spend on a forum as it shows related interesting contents.
  7. davs
    davs
    5/5,
    Version: 4.5
    Another must-have add-on from AndyB! Works as described, nice options, makes users feel comfortable they are not duplicating, less moderating. Thanks!
  8. DFI
    DFI
    5/5,
    This is what i needed since a long time. Its so unfortunate of me that i missed these precious addons till now. Now my website looks more promising.
  9. Ashish
    Ashish
    5/5,
    Great plugin.. works like magic. A must have for large forums. Also the flexibility to restrict threads to the forum is handy
  10. Pavle123
    Pavle123
    5/5,
    Absolutely brilliant resource. I can not imagine a forum without it, seriously, its quite useful. Its frequently updated with top-notch support. Did I mention its free? What more do you want? Go download it, its superb, like all other Andy_B add-ons.