Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Sir,
Can u plz tell me the process?
Any screenshots? I am a illiterate person. My friend is too busy in theses days. So plz help me.
Installation:
  1. Download similarthreads_v5.1.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-SimilarThreads_v5.1.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.

Installation:
  1. Download similarthreads_v5.1.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-SimilarThreads_v5.1.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
I can't understand what is the problem
I followed these steps. But didn't get it.
Tell me plz more about upload folder. Plz explain

I can't understand what is the problem
I followed these steps. But didn't get it.
Tell me plz more about upload folder. Plz explain

In the zipped package there is a file named 'library'. Copy the contents ot that in your library file on your server (with ftp). Then instal the .xml file (is in the same zipped package) on your forum admin cp. Wait until done and done ;)

@AndyB I wonder if its possible to show this module inside a page?

I am creating pages with city information, and id like to show in every page a list of threads about this city.

@AndyB Hi I have a problem. I uploaded the plugin and it shows similar topics. The subject under 5 shows the same problem smoothly. upload_2017-5-30_2-37-57.webp

But Show Create Thread have problem. Help me plsupload_2017-5-30_2-48-1.webpupload_2017-5-30_2-37-57.webp upload_2017-5-30_2-48-1.webp

@AndyB Hope you can help me solve this issue. The following 2 screenshots are from 2 different threads.

similar-threads-prob01.jpg

similar-threads-prob02.jpg

Fist problem, obviously, is the category-type strip repeating itself, which is only because the title appears to use a line break after each word. The page source indicates the title of that sectionHeaders is contained within a span: <span>Similar Threads - Peel Stick Tile</span>. What may be part of the problem is that Viglink is trying to monetize the search terms used in the section title. But adding a link to the title of the Similar Threads box should not cause this problem. I tried changing the span to an H3 (partly because I think it's important enough for an H3 or maybe an H4), but that did not stop the problem. And, unfortunately, Viglink does not leave heading tags alone (I have contacted them about this). So far, the only fix is to uncheck the Show Search Words option. I prefer to have the search words showing (and would prefer to allow more than 3 search words).

I hope you can help me with this issue. I like the add-on otherwise.

Jim

Hey, just recently had an issue. If you set a forum to have the permissions where only the original poster can see their own thread, Similar Threads will still show the topic, and author of those threads. Not sure if that's intentional.

I think Similar Threads by Andy is one of the best XF addons - adds so much to the user experience.

Recently I found out another interesting add-on, Quick Thread by Addon Labs, which mimics the upcoming XF2 thread creation feature from thread list pages.

They have built in support for Similar Threads but it seems there were some compatibility issues and they have amended Similar Threads add-on to make way for those additions/changes.

More about that here:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/quick-thread-by-addonslab.5559/update?update=22532

I hope these improvement ideas are pushed to Similar Threads so that there's no need to use a separate file build by Addon Labs for Similar Threads.

Thanks a lot! :)

Hey, just recently had an issue. If you set a forum to have the permissions where only the original poster can see their own thread, Similar Threads will still show the topic, and author of those threads. Not sure if that's intentional.
@AndyB wanted to see if it was possible to fix this issue?

AndyB updated Similar Threads with a new update entry:

See description

On Jan 1, 2016 version 4.7 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 4.7 or released before Jan 1, 2016 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom