Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Just an update. uninstalled 4.6 and deleted the addon folder, installed 4.5 and then upgraded to 4.6 successfully. all installs and upgrades were done manually. not sure if using addon installers might cause any problems.

Hi Andy, upgrade not working. Uploaded files (overwriting), tried to upload xml after and got this.

"Developer: option_value is not a valid array (similarThreadsExcludeForums)"

You will have to deinstall your old similar threads version first - then make a fresh install. That will work... ;)

Getting this error since the last couple of versions:

Server Error
rtrim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. rtrim() in Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 56
  3. Andy_SimilarThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ukaps/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

I have un-installed and re-installed again as per some of the suggestions and still no luck :(

Hi @AndyB

I'm also getting this error:

Error Info
ErrorException: rtrim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given - library/Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:52
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'rtrim() expects...', '/dom...', 52, Array)
#1 public/library/Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(52): rtrim(Array, ',')
#2 public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Andy_SimilarThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

I have no errors with latest version after clean fresh install. Xenforo 1.5.4 and certain other addons ...

My Similar Threads just shows the similar threads from the same forum.
I noticed that when they're displayed, they also show in which forum they are, which in this case is redundant.

Andy, is it possible to hide that information when the Same Forum option is enabled?

upload_2016-1-12_17-7-51.webp

Another suggestion: Would it be possible to add a "Show more" button to display a further amount of related threads? This would be useful in the list next to the quick reply window.

Edit: Would it also be possible to exclude the thread currently being viewed from the similar results list below the quick reply window? Usually the first result is the thread I'm currently viewing.

(ps. Thanks for another fantastic and reliable add-on!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom