Similar threads

Similar threads [Paid] 8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Great add-on! This is one of the ones we've been waiting for before making the move to XF 2.0.

Is there a way to store the similar thread details for existing threads (i.e. similar thread IDs generated when posting the thread)? We've got a large forum so running a search each time a thread is viewed would be too resource intensive (and slow). Ideally they would be generated on thread creation, with the option to rebuild en-mass. Forgive my ignorance if it already works like this, I'm yet to upgrade to XF 2.0 and try this add-on out.

@AndyB I have installed his on our XF2 sandbox just for the widget in threads, but there is no widget appearing.
I have correctly set the permissions for guests and members to see the similar threads.
Here are the options.
Any ideas?
1526320162708.webp

Hi! Any plans on making this compatible with Snog's "Advanced Forms" Add-On?

I'd love when users start filling the first field of his add-on, to make this similar threads add-on appear below :D

Thank you :)

Hello AndyB
I am having an error message with Similar threads 4.2 under XF 2.0.9 how can i fix it please ?
My forum is french with accented letter

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: xfesConfig src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads/Repository/SimilarThreads.php:615

#0 src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads/Repository/SimilarThreads.php(615): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home3/roiarthu...', 615, Array)
#1 src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(60): Andy\SimilarThreads\Repository\SimilarThreads->getSimilarThreadsEnhanced(29, 263, 'Voici comment m...')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Andy\SimilarThreads\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Snog\ForceSecure\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "/threads/voici-comment-modifier-le-fichier-hosts-de-windows-10.263/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom