1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't Fix SIGPIC not imported from vb3.8?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by ijeffers, Dec 20, 2010.

1. ijeffers

ijeffers Active Member

Not sure if it's meant to import the SIGPIC or not from vB3, I did a quick search and only came up with a post from Paul that the vb4 importer doesn't parse sigpic.

Not a big problem for me because I only have 2/3 users who use sigpic, but just in case it was supposed to.

(vb 3.8.5, xf beta 5)

2. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Considering theres no attachment functionality for signatures, I don't think it's supposed to import them.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

XF doesn't have sig pics (and there's no intention to at this point), so this is expected.

4. ijeffers

ijeffers Active Member

Makes sense, thought there would be some reason for it.

5. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

will the tags get removed during import?

6. ijeffers

ijeffers Active Member

If you mean the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the signature, then yes that does get imported and that's how it shows in the signature (it's how I noticed it)

7. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Yep, removing the tags during import would be a lot nicer if that was possible.

Walter likes this.
  8. Moddis

Moddis Active Member

Guess will need to run some mass database update to remove the large amounts of "[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" text in a lot of peoples signature.

9. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Is there an option to not import signatures?

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, but you can just truncate the table afterwards.

0ptima likes this.
  11. KenSmith

KenSmith Active Member

Just in case someone else needs it, here's the query to remove these:

Code:
    update xf_user_profile set signature = replace(signature,'[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]','') where signature like '%[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]%';

12. StonePilot

StonePilot Member

Thank you, I just had to do this. I have a small site that was converted, so only a few thousand members and maybe 25% had siggys, so not a huge issue for me ... but too big to do manually.