Signup abuse detection and blocking

Signup abuse detection and blocking [Paid] 1.15.6

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Any idea what's this?

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot declare class SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\Entity\LogEvent, because the name is already in use
  • src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/Entity/LogEvent_2.php:30

LogEvent_2.php is not part of the add-on. No idea where it came from or how it is being loaded.

Make sure the add-on is up-to date, including any of the multi-account-to-thread or multi-account-to-conversation add-ons.

Feature request:

It would be nice to disallow or flag guests' posts using VPN/proxies.

Also if members create posts using proxies, they could be disallowed or sent to approval queue.

Feature request:

It would be nice to disallow or flag guests' posts using VPN/proxies.

Also if members create posts using proxies, they could be disallowed or sent to approval queue.
Has anyone been able to distinguish users on a VPN? With Apple now supporting cloudflare VPN's inside their ios...can make it a false positive.

Hey guys... Just installed this on a us based forum about tools and garages. Pretty large forum and we get a ton of spam. What are the best settings to start with? Default?

I do recommend activating the getipintel feature. This requires you to enter an email address to activate it.

Otherwise the defaults should be a decent start, the biggest thing is to ban/reject entire ISPs (or email domains) from the approval queue which rapidly removes VPNs which are the majority source of forum spam.

I do recommend activating the getipintel feature. This requires you to enter an email address to activate it.

Otherwise the defaults should be a decent start, the biggest thing is to ban/reject entire ISPs (or email domains) from the approval queue which rapidly removes VPNs which are the majority source of forum spam.

I'm not seeing that in the setting. Is this part of the connection profiling?

I Installed this and the report to thread, but have no idea where any settings are?? I can't find settings or access groups, can you please advise, thanks!

I had another look throughout. The mod says it's installed. I installed from the command line, but I see nothing anywhere to indicate access controls or settings. If anyone can't point me in the right direction thanks

*update, had to uninstall, was flooded with 1,000s of these errors:

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 12.19.47 PM.png

Also, all threads broke with "template compilation error", but is ok now after uninstalling.

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(160): SV\MultipleAccountToThread\XF\Entity\Thread->getMultipleAccountLogs() #1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(118): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('MultipleAccount...') #2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s10/public/thread_view.php(762): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('MultipleAccount...') #3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet)) #4 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true, NULL) #5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array) #6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render() #7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array) #8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View)) #9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View)) #10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html') #11 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() #12 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run() #13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App') #14 {main}

Last edited:
I Installed this and the report to thread, but have no idea where any settings are?? I can't find settings or access groups, can you please advise, thanks!

I had another look throughout. The mod says it's installed. I installed from the command line, but I see nothing anywhere to indicate access controls or settings. If anyone can't point me in the right direction thanks

View attachment 274230

Also, all threads broke with "template compilation error", but is ok now after uninstalling.

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(160): SV\MultipleAccountToThread\XF\Entity\Thread->getMultipleAccountLogs() #1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(118): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('MultipleAccount...') #2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s10/public/thread_view.php(762): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('MultipleAccount...') #3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet)) #4 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true, NULL) #5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array) #6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render() #7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array) #8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View)) #9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View)) #10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html') #11 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() #12 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run() #13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App') #14 {main}
If you installed it properly, the primary settings are at AdminCP > Setup> Options > Signup abuse detection and blocking (aka spam).
No idea what happened in your case, just seems like it wasn't installed (or uploaded?) correctly. No issues with our version. (Also using the Thread Reporting with no issue... 2.2.10 PL1)

View attachment 274230

Code:
The "Multiple Account To Thread" add-on requires "Signup abuse detection and blocking" to be installed and active. This would only happen if you disabled the "Signup abuse detection and blocking" add-on while leaving "Multiple Account To Thread" enabled.

The "Multiple Account To Thread" add-on requires "Signup abuse detection and blocking" to be installed and active. This would only happen if you disabled the "Signup abuse detection and blocking" add-on while leaving "Multiple Account To Thread" enabled.
Hmm itwas installed and listed as active, but no sign of it in options or groups, so I guess the install failed. I ran it from the command line. I guess I'll try again on my dev server this weekend

Hmm itwas installed and listed as active, but no sign of it in options or groups, so I guess the install failed. I ran it from the command line. I guess I'll try again on my dev server this weekend
This can happen if you use the webinstaller UI when the site has development mode enabled. It is a known footgun I've reported as a bug before.

While registering on website for purchsing the license I get this error message -

Your account has been rejected for the following reason: Your registration has been rejected as it resembles spam-like or automated behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance..

While registering on website for purchsing the license I get this error message -

Your account has been rejected for the following reason: Your registration has been rejected as it resembles spam-like or automated behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance..
Then whatever connection you're using is probably on their moderate or reject list (it could be your country location as well). That's a feature of the addon. ;) @Xon would have to help you out to get manually sorted out.

Top Bottom