Signup abuse detection and blocking

Signup abuse detection and blocking [Paid] 1.15.6

No permission to buy ($45.00)
This add-on (like most from Xon) is worth its weight. It would even be a bargain for double its current price. Hands down.

Reactions: Xon
@Xon, thanks for answer.

I have also some questions about multi-account detection

1. what is the mechanism of detection? just one cookie (default-userinit)? Or are there some other? Like evercookie technologies?
I mean technologies, used in evercookie (HTTP cookies + eTags +webcache HTML5 + fingers and so on) + fingerprinting
On screenshot - https://atelieraphelion.com/product...ng.64/#lg=dbtech_ecommerce_product-64&slide=1 haven't seen it. Also - in description

2. Is addon writing log somewhere in admin area? If "multi-account to thread" isn't installed? Or just to thread/conversation?

The multiple account is very simple, just a long-life cookie. This surprisingly catches a large number of offenders, and everything else tends to not be reliable or browsers let you clear it anyway. The large concern with various cache-based finger printing is you can't easy probe it for the id without polluting the cache.

The logs are in the admin area, or on the user profile. The reporting that a new multiple account is detected goes into the report system by default, but the additional "multi-account to thread" allows it to be send to threads or "multi-account to conversations" allows it to be send to conversations

All I need is multiple account detection so $45 for something that was a free addon in xf1 is a bit pricey for me.

Hopefully there will be some future discounts :)

I would like to be able to limit new users (or users with less than 10 posts) from posting links. I think this would fit perfectly in this add-on. 😀
I had this on XF1.5 and never had spam! That worked so good.
This approach works but gives a lot of false positives for internal links. I hope this will be added in the future.
The 1.3.x version now supports a domain-based URL checker, so this can be ticked off the list :)

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how an account can be flagged for same cookie but without any matching IPs, not even in the same country.

@Xon, hoping you can help out here.

Typically, when we have a username match the log says SFS username match for Stop Forum Spam. In this case, it didn't, but it did say there was a match. Was this user rejected for their username and if so, what was the name matched from?

spam trigger.webp

Since the last update I get this error when I try to logout.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] Function Redis::delete() is deprecated in src/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php at line 135
XF::handlePhpError() in src/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php at line 135
Doctrine\Common\Cache\RedisCache->doDelete() in src/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/CacheProvider.php at line 140
Doctrine\Common\Cache\CacheProvider->delete() in src/XF/Session/CacheStorage.php at line 29
XF\Session\CacheStorage->deleteSession() in src/XF/Session/Session.php at line 225
XF\Session\Session->expunge() in src/XF/Session/Session.php at line 245
XF\Session\Session->regenerate() in src/XF/Session/Session.php at line 275
XF\Session\Session->logoutUser() in src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Login.php at line 255
XF\ControllerPlugin\Login->logoutVisitor() in src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/XF/ControllerPlugin/Login.php at line 50
SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\ControllerPlugin\Login->logoutVisitor() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Logout.php at line 21
XF\Pub\Controller\Logout->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Is this an error of this addon? I use XF 2.1.2

Since the last update I get this error when I try to logout.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] Function Redis::delete() is deprecated in src/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php at line 135
XF::handlePhpError() in src/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php at line 135
Doctrine\Common\Cache\RedisCache->doDelete() in src/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/CacheProvider.php at line 140
Doctrine\Common\Cache\CacheProvider->delete() in src/XF/Session/CacheStorage.php at line 29
XF\Session\CacheStorage->deleteSession() in src/XF/Session/Session.php at line 225
XF\Session\Session->expunge() in src/XF/Session/Session.php at line 245
XF\Session\Session->regenerate() in src/XF/Session/Session.php at line 275
XF\Session\Session->logoutUser() in src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Login.php at line 255
XF\ControllerPlugin\Login->logoutVisitor() in src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/XF/ControllerPlugin/Login.php at line 50
SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\ControllerPlugin\Login->logoutVisitor() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Logout.php at line 21
XF\Pub\Controller\Logout->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Is this an error of this addon? I use XF 2.1.2
@developr that is an issue with XF & php redis extension.

My Redis Cache add-on doesn't have this issue.

@Xon, hoping you can help out here.

Typically, when we have a username match the log says SFS username match for Stop Forum Spam. In this case, it didn't, but it did say there was a match. Was this user rejected for their username and if so, what was the name matched from?

View attachment 208366
Yeah, looks like something it up with the SFS integration :(

Top Bottom