Signup abuse detection and blocking

Signup abuse detection and blocking [Paid] 1.15.6

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Small problem I'm running into. When someone tries to register it just sends them back to the forum without the standard check your email for link to activate message. Same with if a registration is rejected it just sends them back to the forum without saying why. Any thoughts how to correct this?

This is an XF bug.

If a user is send into the approval queue it skips the email confirmation step, and the resulting phrase thanks_for_registering_registration_must_be_approved is just wrong.

This is an XF bug.

If a user is send into the approval queue it skips the email confirmation step, and the resulting phrase thanks_for_registering_registration_must_be_approved is just wrong.
But it only happens when I have this add-on enabled. If it was an XF bug I assume it would happen regardless if this add-on is enabled?

But it only happens when I have this add-on enabled. If it was an XF bug I assume it would happen regardless if this add-on is enabled?
The difference is this add-on is more likely to send people into the approval queue. You can either approve them and notify or approve them and send them into the email confirmation work-flow.

The difference is this add-on is more likely to send people into the approval queue. You can either approve them and notify or approve them and send them into the email confirmation work-flow.
We haven't updated our forums yet and are running 2.2.12. Is this bug still present in 2.2.15 or has it been patched?

One more thing I'm struggling with. When I register multiple accounts no thread is being created informing me of a possible duplicate account. I have both Standard Library (1.19.5) and Multiple account report to Thread (1.3.0) installed.

One more thing I'm struggling with. When I register multiple accounts no thread is being created informing me of a possible duplicate account. I have both Standard Library (1.19.5) and Multiple account report to Thread (1.3.0) installed.
You need to make sure the "Create thread?" option is enabled and a forum setup for threads to be created in. For more troubleshooting please create a ticket on my site and I can help in more depth.

Next version will update those options to be better named so admincp quick search is more useable

Often we get users signing up and adding a URL to their profile that makes us question whether its a spammer or legitimate. We then open a ticket (Nixfifty Tickets) to ask for more information. For this situation, it would be nice to be able to do this with a few clicks, inserting a template text (canned reply) and automatically fetching the account details and entering it into the ticket template.

Do you happen to have a solution for this situation? Would something like this be possible with this addon?
(I'm not using XF2 yet, but will be)

That is probably something to add into @Naz's Tickets add-on. But you can almost replace this without any customisation.

What I do is make them go into the moderation queue, and then update the thanks_for_registering_registration_must_be_approved phrase to tell them to open a ticket. I've then got a site banner to notify users in the moderation queue with the same text telling them to open a ticket to confirm their account.

I've got a tiny little add-on which auto-rejects a user who takes too long when being in the approval queue without opening a ticket or when in the email confirmation state and not confirming their email. I'll clean it up and release it sometime this week

Incompatible with 2.3.0 Beta 3:

What does "Allowed email domains" do again? Does this mean only these email domains can register or that they are exempt from scanning?

What does "Allowed email domains" do again? Does this mean only these email domains can register or that they are exempt from scanning?
The add-on supports adding to the score (or moderating/rejecting( if the email address is unknown, and the known domain list just skips that scoring.

Does anyone know if we allow unregistered users to post (due to XF's way of allowing people to post then sign up) if this addon will fix the issue where unapproved users can post?

Currently, I noticed that unapproved users (users who signed up with bad emails) can still post on my forum given that unregistered users can post (given that users can post before registering using XF's stock feature [https://xenforo.com/community/threads/writing-before-registering.181331/]).

Also explain here but maybe it's something else causing this bug? https://xenforo.com/community/threads/unapproved-users-can-post.221064/

Last edited:
Unapproved users are guests as far as permission go, this is a fundamental design limitation of XF's permissions system

Unapproved users are guests as far as permission go, this is a fundamental design limitation of XF's permissions system
Yea I wonder if it's a bug since I have posting disabled on unregistered user group so I can't figure out why the unapproved user is still able to post threads...

XF's handling of unapproved user handling and guest posting just are a horrible match sorry :(

You are best off reporting this as an XF bug

Top Bottom