1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce Signature / Unlink without saving

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Jul 7, 2013.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

in the Signature:

if you mark your Links in the Signature and click onto the "Un-Link"-icon it unlinks all Links in your Signature, even if you do not click onto the "Save"-button.

So you "un-link" all your links by accident, and go to some other page at the Forum.... the Links become un-linked although you did not click (confirm) via the "Save"-button.

Windows 8 / Firefox 22

2. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Is this on 1.2? I can't reproduce this. Highlight a link I want to unlink, click unlink - only that link unlinked.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's really no way for this to happen without you clicking save...

4. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Just tested.

Went to signature...

Unlinked "FamilyGuyFans", saw it go to plain bold, did not hit save. Clicked on "Forums", navigated to a post I had, link was still there.

5. erich37

yeah, I can not re-produce this anymore.

However, when you have for example 3 words in your signature:

text1 text2 text3

Now you mark the word "text3" and add a link to this word, then it makes a link for all 3 words.
    So the Link is not only added towards the word you are "marking", but to all words.

Try playing around with 3 different words and have a link for each of those.
    Then un-link and link the 3rd word in the line several times. You will see that although you are only "marking" the last word (e.g.: "text3"), once you add a new link... it will mark all words automatically.

Probably a Firefox issue.... ?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  6. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

On Firefox 22 here. Cannot reproduce what you just said either.

test.png

Lisa likes this.
  7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Firefox 22 and 23

Opera and IE

could not confirm this. Sorry.

8. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Checked Win8 and FF22, I can't reproduce it either. A video would be useful to see what exactly you are doing there.

9. erich37

please remove/neglect this bug report.
    I can not reproduce this anymore.

Not sure what I did there....... most probably I did something wrong with my new mouse :D
    Sorry.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013