Lack of interest Automatic checking for new messages when composing a reply without saving drafts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

imthebest

Please provide an option to enable the feature "automatic checking for new messages when composing a reply" without the need of having to enable the drafts funcionality.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Out of interest, why don't you have the drafts functionality enabled? It may be useful to know this with regards to your suggestion.

Because (1) drafts use disk space and (2) it results very confusing for me... for example sometimes I just close a browser tab after writing some lines in the reply box because at the end I decided not to post anything and it is very annoying when I get back to the thread and see my previous writing there.

Because (1) drafts use disk space
I doubt it uses a lot of disc space, even for many users on a forum if the save draft setting in the ACP is set to 24 hours (default) or less.

and (2) it results very confusing for me... for example sometimes I just close a browser tab after writing some lines in the reply box because at the end I decided not to post anything and it is very annoying when I get back to the thread and see my previous writing there.
Really? If I type something and then change my mind, I delete it and then select Delete Draft from the Save button in the editor. If I forget to do this, it doesn't bother me as I know the draft will disappear in 24 hours. :)

Personally my users value the draft feature being left on as several have lost long posts in the past due to computer glitches, accidentally closing the browser window before they finished their post etc.

Top Bottom