Signature Speed - Split from 'How is XenForo so Fast?'

I started browsing with sigs disabled when the messages/trophies images started to become prevalent. Yes, it's seriously fast then :)

When those images became prevalent it made me think of suggesting an option for turning images off in sigs without turning off sigs completely. :D

that's kind of the point I'm making. If the 2kb image in my sig is such an issue, just disable images,css and JS. it'll run even faster then

For me it's not an issue of speed - it's an issue of signatures carrying more weight than the posts themselves. I just want to read what people are saying, rather than being bombarded with signature images etc.

For me it's not an issue of speed - it's an issue of signatures carrying more weight than the posts themselves. I just want to read what people are saying, rather than being bombarded with signature images etc.

I agree.

Hopefully there is the option in the ACP to prohibit images in signatures?

That's how I see it. On almost every forum I frequent, (including this) I have signatures turned off.

But then again, text signatures are okay. Wouldn't an option of which images / video's you do and don't want to see be a good idea? In that case, you can disable images and video's (which often annoy me personally) in your control panel, without disabling signatures altogether.

I understand that, which is why I tried to design my sig image to blend in to the site as much as possible, obviously other people have other ideas :P

Top Bottom