XF 2.1 Sidebars not displaying in Chrome

The sidebars are visible on both forums to me in Chrome.

Does the issue still occur when you are logged out?
Do you have a higher zoom level set in Chrome (check the top right menu in Chrome or press CTRL+0/CMD+0 to reset zoom to 100%)? Having a higher zoom level will put the sidebar widgets at the bottom of the forum (as they do in mobile view).

This is a bug in our recent release of the styles. The sidebar is there, however, it just drops below the content sooner than it should (by like 200px sooner):

Just apply my fix in the parent style for now. Again, this open happens in smaller devices (~1000px)

Thank you, @Martok.

It's not a zoom issue but you pointed me to the solution. I always open browsers in a window rather than full screen. The window is a decent size but apparently in Chrome the breakpoint is different. The sidebars were indeed there but at the bottom of the page as in mobile.

This is a bug in our recent release of the styles. The sidebar is there, however, it just drops below the content sooner than it should (by like 200px sooner):

Just apply my fix in the parent style for now. Again, this open happens in smaller devices (~1000px)
Thanks, @Russ.

I already have that fix and it works for the other browsers but evidently not for Chrome.

Update: I think I had also inadvertently clicked the width option because it happened again.

Resolution:

AdminCP >> Appearance >> Style Properties >> Page Setup
  • slightly reduced Maximum Page Width setting (default = 1200)
  • deleted Alternate Page Width setting

Top Bottom