XF 2.2 Issues with image insertion buttons not displaying in posts

Miri

I'm not sure if I should report this as a bug, or if it's due to some misconfiguration on my part, or whether it has been resolved in the latest version.

I am currently using version 2.2.13

In the images (attachments) of the post, the little button that suggests inserting it as a full image or as a thumbnail does not appear.

no-button.webp

If I insert it manually, the image is displayed as a link.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Same problem in version 2.2.14 too.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, I solved it via a developer here from XF. It seems to be a problem with my GD library.
In fact, as soon as I changed to Imagick everything works perfectly now.

Thanks so much @Jeremy P
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

Hi, I made a comparison of all the settings with another installation of another xf that I use, but I don't notice anything to report. I also tried changing php version, forum permissions, user group permissions, but it doesn't solve the problem.

I have no additional addons installed and it happens with the default theme too.

I really don't know where to look.

WAIT: It seems like everything works with JPG images, so currently only a PNG problem.

Pannello-di-controllo-amministratore.webp
Allegati-Admin-control-pannello.webp
images.webp

Last edited:
Does this happen with every PNG or just certain ones? Are you using GD or Imagick? And have you tested with add-ons disabled?

The fact that a thumbnail is not created and the buttons are not appearing mean something is causing XF not to consider the attachment an image.

Hi, I solved it via a developer here from XF. It seems to be a problem with my GD library.
In fact, as soon as I changed to Imagick everything works perfectly now.

Thanks so much @Jeremy P

Solution
Top Bottom