Sidebar Positions

Sidebar Positions 2.9

No permission to download
All works fine except for one small niggle - there doesn't appear to be an order provided for the XF Media Gallery statistics. For me, that always appear at the bottom of the homepage sidebar, even if I'd prefer something else to follow (ie, share page links).

Great addon, thanks @AndyB . I'd really like to be able to order the two XFMG stats blocks ("Gallery Statistics" and "Your Statistics") as well. Any chance of adding that, since the RM is included too?

To display the XFMG stats, install the Sidebar Extra One add-on and edit the andy_sidebar_extra_one template like this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.sidebarExtraOneGroupID.sidebarExtraOneID}">

<xen:require css="andy_sidebar_extra_one.css" />

<div class="section">

<xen:include template="xengallery_media_statistics_block" />

</div>

</xen:if>

To display the XFMG media block, install the Sidebar Extra One add-on and edit the andy_sidebar_extra_one template like this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.sidebarExtraOneGroupID.sidebarExtraOneID}">

<xen:require css="andy_sidebar_extra_one.css" />

<div class="section">

<div class="section">
<xen:include template="xengallery_media_block">
    <xen:set var="$blockPhrase">{xen:phrase xengallery_new_media}</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$blockId">XFMGMediaForumListSidebar</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$type">new</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$items">2</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$limit">20</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$slideWidth">160</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$categories">all</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$albums">1</xen:set> // Set to 1 to include images from albums, 0 to exclude
    <xen:set var="$isSidebarBlock">1</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$captions">1</xen:set> 
    <xen:set var="$noResponsive">1</xen:set> 
</xen:include>
</div>

</div>

</xen:if>

I would like to switch from Widget Framework. I have a custom block for the Resource addon, and I have TaigaChat. Besides that, those are the only two widgets I've imported. Is there a special process for migrating? Also will be happy to donate to remove any visible branding etc.

I am having an issue on my tablet. The links in the sidebar no longer work when I tap them. Is anyone else having this issue?

Oh, I so wanted this to work...

Just added the Calendar app, and needed to put dates in a sidebar widget. Installed this, and BLOOIE! Why? Seems I am also running XenPorto 2 as a forum front end, and this absolutely kills its widget layout configurations. Is there any way around this that the two can live in peace--as XP2 does not support the Calendar widgets...

BTW, your apps/mods are great Andy! As a new XF admin, I find that they fill a much needed place in expanding the capabilities and capacity of XF. Using several of yours now. As soon as I begin to dig out from the financial rubble being created by licensed [paid] things such as the forum, XP2, and others--I fully intend on sending a PP donation your way! :)

Like some others had reported in this thread, I was having an issue with duplicate sidebar "positions"/widgets appearing below the ones that were controlled by this plugin. I noticed the issue was no affecting the default theme, so I checked my custom theme, reverted the template (noting the custom changes I had made), and that fixed it.

EDIT: Apparently, *ANY* customization to the forum_list template will cause all of the positions to be duplicated. Maybe a bug?

Thanks for another great plugin, Andy. :)

Last edited:
Hello. I have noted that the "New Posts" position is duplicated when I turn on this add on. I have not altered the forum_list template. Any suggestions please?

Top Bottom