1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidebar Positions 2.8

Control the positions of sidebar blocks.

1. AndyB
    Compatible XF Versions:

Provides an easy way to control the positions and or remove the default XenForo sidebar blocks. In addition if you install any of the optional add-ons shown below, the positions of those sidebar blocks can be controlled as well.

Example link:

Supported add-ons:

Members Online

Most Likes

Sidebar Donations

Sidebar Extra One

Sidebar Extra Two

Sidebar Extra Three

Sidebar Extra Four

Sidebar Notices

Sidebar Poll

Today's Birthdays

Options page:

View attachment 113666

1. Download sidebarpositions_v2.8.zip and unzip it.
    2. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
    3. Upload the addon-SidebarPositions_v2.8.xml file
    4. Click the Install Add-on button.
    How to use:

Go to the Admin Control Panel and select the Options page for this add-on.

Admin Control Panel -> Home -> Options -> Sidebar Positions

By default all positions are set to zero. Change the position number for any add-on you have installed from the supported add-on list.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Will this work with other framework add-ons?
    A: No.

Q: Will this work with third party styles?
    A: Most third party styles are compatible.

Q: Can I control the default XenForo sidebar blocks with this add-on?
    A: Yes.

Q: I'm still running XenForo v1.4x, which version od Sidebar Positions will work?
    A: You will need to install Sidebar Positions v2.4.

Q: What other pages besides the forum list is the sidebar shown?
    A: The sidebar is shown on the forum list only.​

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

Thank you.

1. pic001.jpg
    Masterx1010, coder24, Robru and 13 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. See description
  2. See description
  3. See description

Recent Reviews

1. adwade
    Version: 2.7
    I just LOVE this add-on and how many options it gives the Adminstrator. You can literally place anything, anywhere in just a couple of clicks.

The forethought in insuring that the other Supported Add-ons can be easily positioned within the sidebar is a very nice touch.

2. omds
    Very good extention. Easy to install, configure and use. I can not understand how such a necessary function is not include in the core version. Big thanks to the developer!
  3. Kazyyk
    It works, although I do wish that it had compatibility with Brogan's CTA Featured Threads addon for those that use the page in that addon as their home page.
  4. AndreaMarucci
    Andy is one of the most prolific and generous xenforo addon coder I've ever seen. My forum use a lot of his addon. They're all working very wel and absolutely useful adding a lot of function that should be in xenforo core. Sidebar Position is absolutely a must!
  5. Bob_R
    This add-on is awesome. And, so is Andy! Andy goes to all lengths to help me. I appreciate it very much. I have ditched Widget Framework and will be using Andy's add-ons instead.
  6. kisanjong
    Perfect! Thanks Andy for another great addition to your great collection of xf add-ons.

Can I also point out that Andy's support is excellent, he's a guy that cares about your forum with great respect!
  7. TheLaw
    Great developer, generous with his time and especially with his very clean, fantastic code. This addon, like others, are an effort in the shortest distance between two points. And what I like most about it and other plugins by AndyB is that they are constantly updated and they flat out just work. Great job.
  8. m3commish
    Version: 2.4
    First of all, I just want to be honest and say that I am reviewing this addon for the 2nd time. I deleted my first review that I initially rated it, 2 stars. The reason was because it was a complete error on my part and had nothing to do with this addon.

I received a message from AndyB who was absolutely amazing with helping me straighten it all out. He never once made me feel like I was taking up his time and only made me feel as though he wasn't going to leave until it was right and I was satisfied.

This addon is without question - a must have! Now that I understand it all, everyone should add this on, today!! The creator is without question, second to none!

Thanks again, AndyB! :D
  9. Skylined
    Version: 2.4
    I love the idea of being able to change the order of every block without having to search for help nor edit code.
    It also allows to change the order of other Andy's add-ons blocks.
  10. Phil
    Version: 2.3
    Hi and thank you for this usefull tool...Thanks to AndyB for his help ;)
    I´m a new born Xenforo user since 4 days and i must say that it takes a bit of time to understand the way it works but i feel good with it ...