Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
I find it hard to believe people can't pay $20 for the RM on sale day, but instead pay the price for this add-on.

I feel like not including downloads is being too considerate of other people's download addons. I say screw that, include it anyway. If those other addons don't sell because of the success of showcase, then oh well. Maybe then Mike and them will decide that finally working on a CMS, Blogs or Gallery instead of a resource manager that most noob webmasters don't even need or know what to do with is a better idea. And then maybe that microdownload manager addon could just get integrated with microshop instead. Competition makes everyone step their game up. Holding back because you don't want to step on anyone's toes makes things go slower.

/End rant

OK. We are waiting.

anf for your question. I dont need to RM but I can use your addon more applicable. So I can pay more for this addon by RM.

Can you let us upload files since most of us can't afford the resource manager nor need it or can't afford the downloads manager addon?

The RM is on sale for half this price. If you run an XF forum it's worth getting just for the potential of what people will do with it in the future.

Ragtek's download tracker lets me track who downloaded what, which is a function that none of the download managers or resource manager type addons have. So Showcase is still good as a resource manager if you upload the attachment to the first post. I'm going to ask ragtek if he'll let the download tracker be uploaded cause that's a useful addon.

The RM is on sale for half this price. If you run an XF forum it's worth getting just for the potential of what people will do with it in the future.
I wouldn't buy the resource manager because my members don't even use showcase, other than one other person. That's part of what makes showcase so valuable to me because it's flexible. It can be anything you want it to be. If your members don't care about a resource manager or don't want to use it as such, they can use it in other ways. I'm sure the same can be done with the resource manager too but the problem there is that there are no widgets for it just yet. Showcase has both xenporta, bdwidgets and forum node widgets. Other coders will have to make widgets for the resource manager in order for it to appeal more to regular noob webmasters.

Hi Bob, the addon is of high quality. Why don't you take a stab at a gallery addon :rolleyes:? It seems that Showcase is already having some features of a gallery addon, so I think you would be able to use some of the code.

In the middle of styling right now so will install this later today and see what goodies are in this update. Thanks again Bob for the continuous updates and time your putting into this. I'll leave a more thorough post once I've installed this and had a look around but i'm sure it'll be another great update. :)

Reactions: Bob
On the last tab of the custom field creation page it says "Required fields will always be shown during registration."

Does it mean user registration or showcase entries?

On the last tab of the custom field creation page it says "Required fields will always be shown during registration."

I'd say showcase, and he's used a phrase from the XFCore

Reactions: Bob

Supposed to be a different hint that applies only to showcase. I've just added the correct phrase that is supposed to display ;)

I feel like not including downloads is being too considerate of other people's download addons. I say screw that, include it anyway. If those other addons don't sell because of the success of showcase, then oh well. Maybe then Mike and them will decide that finally working on a CMS, Blogs or Gallery instead of a resource manager that most noob webmasters don't even need or know what to do with is a better idea. And then maybe that microdownload manager addon could just get integrated with microshop instead. Competition makes everyone step their game up. Holding back because you don't want to step on anyone's toes makes things go slower.

/End rant

Why don't you associate a thread with a showcase item? Then use the associated thread attachment manager for the download/attachment file. Isn't that something you could do?

Top Bottom