Show us your XF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nice sites here. I would like to put mine up as well. My website's called Static-Design which is a community based for designers, artists, and programmers to come and share their work. Website was inactive for 2+ years because every time I tried making a huge change to the website, vBulletin almost took away those dreams by coming out with a new version every couple weeks.

Part of me bringing the website back is because xenForo gave me that inspiration again which I once had for my website when I started working with vBulletin 2.

Some of you may know my website through vb.org or vBadvanced since I released some custom designs back in the day.

Homepage: http://www.static-design.com/ (WordPress)
Forums: http://www.static-design.com/forums (xenForo)

Both are still a work in progress.

Anyways, for those that don't know me, I'm always attracted to darker websites for some reason. So most of the designs in the past and present that I applied to Static-Design were dark.

Thanks for reading,
Sean

Attachments

• 01.webp
    01.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 02.webp
    02.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 12
Sean,
http://www.static-design.com/forums/

1. the logo on the footer is generating an error.
2. visibility is really low, hard to read
3. site loads really slow

these are my initial thoughts :) although we could use that critique section right about now :D :D

thanks for the info Blandt, #2 is why I'm coming out with a second style which would be lighter for certain screens.

#1, may I ask what browser & what error? I'm going to be working on ironing out cross browser issues or any other errors within the next few days.

#3, I was not aware of that, I'll have to get to optimizing some of the images

thanks for the information :)

#1, may I ask what browser & what error? I'm going to be working on ironing out cross browser issues or any other errors within the next few days.

The link itself is giving yoururl.com/forum/?php<some code that shouldn't be there>

#2 is why I'm coming out with a second style which would be lighter for certain screens.

Yes ... dark backgrounds might be good for gaming sites (younger users that do tolerate that :D) ... but in your niche I think you may want to re-examine the whole black background....but perhaps you have another take on it :)

The link itself is giving yoururl.com/forum/?php<some code that shouldn't be there>

Ah got it, hehe thanks for that. :D

Yes ... dark backgrounds might be good for gaming sites (younger users that do tolerate that :D) ... but in your niche I think you may want to rexamine the whole black background....but perhaps you have another take on it :)

true, I agree. In the past I always had it 50/50 where half of the users loved the dark theme and the other half hated it lol. As soon as I get all errors and problems figured out with this style, I'm coming up with a lighter theme so there is both choices for the users.

thanks again, any info helps :)

Dark vs light theme is just another personal preference. Typically, gamer geeks like the dark theme because it reminds them of the darkness and emptiness of the rooms they lock themselves in their whole lives.

P.S. That last line is there for sh!ts n' giggles only ;)

Dark vs light theme is just another personal preference. Typically, gamer geeks like the dark theme because it reminds them of the darkness and emptiness of the rooms they lock themselves in their whole lives.

hahaha one way to put it ...
but it's not only a matter of taste. Also usability ... If I'm having a hard time reading your stuff, then I'm not going to bother, another site is just a click away :)

So this explains my obsession with dark styles... :),

Sean amazing job on working with the 2 systems, looks AMAZING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom