Show Similar Threads On Thread Creation [Paid] [Deleted]

Messed about with this a bit last night, and have wrapped the actual threads in a collapsable div

upload_2013-11-1_6-20-54.webp

upload_2013-11-1_6-21-27.webp

uhhh...how do I know if it works? I need to update the thread cache or something?
Just start a thread a type a thread subject. If you want to show similar threads at the bottom of every thread, then:
  1. If you chose to display similar threads at the bottom of every thread, you should rebuild thread information for the similar threads to show (Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Thread Information).

This plugin breaks the forum of 1.3.2 today, the errors it brings is no one can create a thread or reply or change title.

No errors logged in ACP?
Sounds like add-on conflict. Try to disable all add-ons except for similar search and see if it's still occurs. If not, try to enable them one by one (or 10 by 10) and see what block of add-ons the problem exists at and then narrow it down.

I`m a bit afraid of performance issues, especially when you search similar threads in the whole forum. I just tested another add-on and every time a thread view was called, this (probably) triggered a SQL-query that slowed down the loading time of the thread-view. In the description you mention that this plugin uses the XF search / XF EH. Does this mean that there are no performance issues here?

I`m a bit afraid of performance issues, especially when you search similar threads in the whole forum. I just tested another add-on and every time a thread view was called, this (probably) triggered a SQL-query that slowed down the loading time of the thread-view. In the description you mention that this plugin uses the XF search / XF EH. Does this mean that there are no performance issues here?
The similar threads are cached, so no, there aren't any performance issues.

Is there a user permission to show on a thread. I have the admin option enabled, but no sim threads are shown for threads

Top Bottom